What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

My choice for the week a 20mm Erik Anton Berg in bone scales, made in the early 1920's. I still haven't found an E.A. Berg that I didn't like and I've shaved with quite a few. No other Swedish razor maker made so many razor models, and many came in different sizes (20mm, 18mm and 16mm). Compare that to Heljestrand that basically only made a handful of models and only changed the number of what basically was the same razor.

View attachment 1107936
Gorgeous!

Ern - “The Famous Es-Ex Razor” - 13/16
proxy.php

My choice for the week a 20mm Erik Anton Berg in bone scales, made in the early 1920's. I still haven't found an E.A. Berg that I didn't like and I've shaved with quite a few. No other Swedish razor maker made so many razor models, and many came in different sizes (20mm, 18mm and 16mm). Compare that to Heljestrand that basically only made a handful of models and only changed the number of what basically was the same razor.

View attachment 1107936

What a beauty!

I had a great shave tonight with my Challenge razor works rifle razor and my oldest SE. This Kampfe Star Lather catcher is a great razor and I love the way this bullet casing handle feels and looks on this razor. The casing is from the honor guard at my Grandfathers funeral.
I figured it was a fitting combination.

20200601_214054_HDR~2.jpg

J.R. Torrey & Co.
WK King of Oud
Semogue 820
Miller Strop
CeraVe Hylauronic Acid Serum
WK King of Oud AS

20200602_060627.jpg

2'ish passes ( not much left on right side from honing test last night). really wanted to use the honed Hibbard Spencer & Bartlett Co.........but its Torrey Tuesday!!!

9.8/10

camo

So since I've been dealing with this f******g med issue going haywire lately. I am trying to keep to shaving every other day, with the goal of eventually being able to shave every day. Tonight was a quick shave. I still enjoyed it, though it wasnt as comfortable after I was finished. Went a little too fast and have a little razor burn.

Razor - Special Kikuboshi

Strop - Latigo 3" with Flax Linen

Brush - Heritage Collection Ever Ready 3 Step

Soap - B&M Seville (not sure if I spelled it right)

Aftershave - Lucky Tiger (I learned my lesson about using alcohol based AS when you have razor burn)

I love shaving and hate that my medical issues have been making it hard to shave as often I would like. Hell I hate a bunch about this med condition.

20200602_200242_compress1.jpg

So since I've been dealing with this f******g med issue going haywire lately. I am trying to keep to shaving every other day, with the goal of eventually being able to shave every day. Tonight was a quick shave. I still enjoyed it, though it wasnt as comfortable after I was finished. Went a little too fast and have a little razor burn.

Razor - Special Kikuboshi

Strop - Latigo 3" with Flax Linen

Brush - Heritage Collection Ever Ready 3 Step

Soap - B&M Seville (not sure if I spelled it right)

Aftershave - Lucky Tiger (I learned my lesson about using alcohol based AS when you have razor burn)

I love shaving and hate that my medical issues have been making it hard to shave as often I would like. Hell I hate a bunch about this med condition.

View attachment 1108481

take care. be well. hope your issues subside soon!!!!!

camo

5/8 Hibbard Spencer Bartlett & Co.
A&E Asian Plum
Semogue 820
Miller Strop
CeraVe Hylauronic Acid Serum
Clubman

20200603_060443.jpg

2 1/2 passes this morn. New soap and maker to me. Wonderful scent with stellar performance. my first shave with what I call my first successful honing!!!!! dare I say this might qualify for my closest shave yet. for some reason this razor seems really loud to me. extra points added in a rarity due to the satisfaction of honing it myself!!!!

doesnt get much better.

be well all

9.9/10

camo

Top Bottom