What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

G' Towa' T
2020_02_27.jpg

I've broken my routine and as well as a rule that I've set up for myself. The routine I broke was to change razor after a week and not, like this time, six days. The self imposed rule I broke was to no longer shave with any of my collector items, or "museum pieces". This morning I shaved with this ERN razor, most likely made during the 1870's. It was a very fine shave and it's already back on its place on the shelf.

20200228_105714.jpg

Here's Thursday from Amboss and Mann... Decided I needed a really fine shave before my cataract surgery. Bloodless surgery deserves a bloodless shave. So far, things are going great!
View attachment 1068021
I wish you the best for your cataract surgery. I've had each eye done, and it was a 15" procedure, and when I walked out I couldn't believe how colorful the world suddenly became. I know an ophthamologist for pets, and she spends her days doing cataract surgery, essentially helping blind dogs to see, what I'd do in my second life. Your shaves will be even finer after surgery.

I've broken my routine and as well as a rule that I've set up for myself. The routine I broke was to change razor after a week and not, like this time, six days. The self imposed rule I broke was to no longer shave with any of my collector items, or "museum pieces". This morning I shaved with this ERN razor, most likely made during the 1870's. It was a very fine shave and it's already back on its place on the shelf.

View attachment 1068040
My oh my, she's a beautiful girl indeed. I'm glad that you broke the rule, so that I had a chance to see her.

The self imposed rule I broke was to no longer shave with any of my collector items, or "museum pieces".
I do not think this is a good rule anyway. Razors, especially beautifully crafted ones are made to be used. No matter how nice, it is unlikely any museums would take them, so best is to get as much pleasure from them while you can.

View attachment 1068040

That sir is a beautiful blade

Wm. Greaves & Sons, FBU
Tabac
Rudy Vey with Shavemac 2-band Silvertip
Clubman, Pinaud
IMG_20200227_200404-01-01.jpeg

I dinged this razor against the faucet last time out. The most gentle of kisses still left a chip on the edge that I had to hone out before I could use it again. Must say that it's back to fine form as this morning shave was superb.

View attachment 1068040
That’s one beautiful razor Arne I can feel that monster in me starting to twitch. The SRAD monster that is lying dormant

Top Bottom