What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

Changed up the rotation again and out popped the Taylor's. Smooth and effortless.
IMG_20200123_122834-01.jpeg

Taylor's Eye Witness
Taconic Bay Rum
Rick Montalvo

I was a “lurker” at B&B from around 2010 until I finally took a deep breath and dived in by 2014. The reason for me waiting so long was a matter of not wanting to give away more about myself than necessary for potentially the whole world to know. Once I registered my account and posted my first few posts I found myself to be an active part of a great community where I over the years have met so many great people. Some of them are no longer members, and I do miss them, even the ones I didn’t always agree with. Others are less active today, but I get just as happy ever time I see that they have posted. Then there are a some of you that have become my friends over the years.

I have to mention two of you. The first became my family’s personal and very supporting reverend during the years I and our small son saw our wife/mother die piece by piece of cancer. He was always there for us and there is no way we ever can thank him enough for what he’s done for us.

The second person is a born leader whose enthusiasm, positivism, generosity and great heart has been support and inspiration to me for many years now. Great gifts aren’t about money, but the givers thought. Yesterday I picked up an unexpected package from him at the post office. When I early this morning opened it I found this NOS Friedrich Schlemper razor and a very kind note. Thus I had my given choice for the razor for the coming week.

Thank you all for making B&B such a great community!

20200125_094922.jpg

I was a “lurker” at B&B from around 2010 until I finally took a deep breath and dived in by 2014. The reason for me waiting so long was a matter of not wanting to give away more about myself than necessary for potentially the whole world to know. Once I registered my account and posted my first few posts I found myself to be an active part of a great community where I over the years have met so many great people. Some of them are no longer members, and I do miss them, even the ones I didn’t always agree with. Others are less active today, but I get just as happy ever time I see that they have posted. Then there are a some of you that have become my friends over the years.

I have to mention two of you. The first became my family’s personal and very supporting reverend during the years I and our small son saw our wife/mother die piece by piece of cancer. He was always there for us and there is no way we ever can thank him enough for what he’s done for us.

The second person is a born leader whose enthusiasm, positivism, generosity and great heart has been support and inspiration to me for many years now. Great gifts aren’t about money, but the givers thought. Yesterday I picked up an unexpected package from him at the post office. When I early this morning opened it I found this NOS Friedrich Schlemper razor and a very kind note. Thus I had my given choice for the razor for the coming week.

Thank you all for making B&B such a great community!

View attachment 1056076

That is a gorgeous razor. There are people that enter our lives at times that are there at the right time that we never forget. These people are, for lack of better words, quite possibly the best thing to happen to us. I have very few friends but the ones I have are at times i feel i dont deserve them in my life. It is great you have friends that are that significant and just wonderful.

I know first hand what it is like watching cancer destroy loved ones. It is something i wouldnt wish on my worst enemy. My heart goes hurts when i see/hear about this. And even in the less than year I have been here I have met some great people on here and in the shaving community. This community has and is a great place to met some amazing people. I am so glad I found it myself and thankful for everyone I have met through it.

Top Bottom