What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

6/8 Johan Engstrom Frameback
SOTD10-19-19.jpg

6/8 Union Japanese Straight For Barbers use

Had a fantastic shave with this Japanese blade.This blade took an extremely keen and smooth edge off the J-Nat .
rps20191019_131623_263.jpg

First outing for the new Wacker!

Wacker 8/8”, "Old Sheffield", Stosser
Tabac
CRV custom
IMG_20191019_093742-01.jpeg

My, oh my, oh my! Wonderful shave with this razor. More audible feedback than with my vintage near wedges, but not a lot when compared to the full hollows. And boy, is she ever nimble despite the wide blade. The only issue was that the pivot pin is rather far away from the end of the scales. On the ATG pass on my cheek I actually pushed the end of the scale up into my nose! I'm either gonna have to adjust my grip or modify the scales. (Or remove my nose.)

Sunday morning shave with Ali's Blade Chopper 65, 8/8. I'm also using a new soap from Murphy & McNeil in collaboration with Black Mountain Shaving. It contains bear tallow, in addition to beef tallow, duck fat, goat milk, and a bunch of butters. It doesn't smell like bear and performs very well.

10.19.19Ali'sBlade.jpg

Todays Shave
William's Special Razor Co. Sheffield
RazoRock xXx
Rubberset 400/4 Vie-Long 24mm Horse Hair knot
Irish moos Aftershave

30a.jpg

First outing for the new Wacker!

Wacker 8/8”, "Old Sheffield", Stosser
Tabac
CRV custom
View attachment 1027487
My, oh my, oh my! Wonderful shave with this razor. More audible feedback than with my vintage near wedges, but not a lot when compared to the full hollows. And boy, is she ever nimble despite the wide blade. The only issue was that the pivot pin is rather far away from the end of the scales. On the ATG pass on my cheek I actually pushed the end of the scale up into my nose! I'm either gonna have to adjust my grip or modify the scales. (Or remove my nose.)

Very nice setup.

I know a guy that can fix that. :D

Frederick Reynolds "The Olde English Razor", 6/8”, Near wedge
Van Yulay "Bohemian" (sample)
Robert Montalvo
Storybook Soap Works "Midnight Embers" Splash (sample)

First time trying Van Yulay. I'm impressed! A little harder to lather, but that could easily be due to using a chunk of sample lose in my scuttle. But, with a little patience and effort it produced a great lather that held water extremely well (no tendency to dry out). Quite a slick lather, with sufficient residual slickness for buffing. And I love the scent. I'm not much for describing smells, but I put Bohemian on the "earthy /musky" side. A kind of clean, natural, woodsy experience. And, unlike many soaps I've tried, the scent refreshed with every stroke if the razor. Very pleasant.

I don't typically use splashes, but hey, everyone should try new things. Midnight Embers is a warm scent that isn't overly sweet. And seems to have some staying power without being overpowering.
IMG_20191020_084632-01.jpeg

Top Bottom