What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

Böker, Damascus carbon, 5/8.
proxy.php

The "damascus steel" blade is made from metallurgical powder, Swedish stainless steel, created through the aggregation of 180 layers. Scales are made of real carbon fiber, worked with CNC from solid material. A novel and successful combination.

How does it shave?

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk

I will Arne!!! If you jump when I clip the first one I will wait :a30::a30::a30::001_tt2::001_tt2::001_tt2:
That's most kind of you Ian... I hope.
Globusmen Gold 8/8

Arne ? Is it this one ?
proxy.php
Thank you Antoine, that's the one. It is a top of the line razor, but so are all of you razors. What truly is impressive is how the original bleached caterpillar turned into this magnificent butterfly. Saving it was a great deed by You, Alfredo and the third man whose name I don't know. I guess that his name isn't Harry Lime though.
Nice!!
Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk
Thank you.

Thank you for sharing all these fantastic razors. This was my first Thiers Issard, one of the first razors of this type. I't was to become the start of a love affair.

20190721_202025.jpg

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
7-22-19.Wade.Kit.640.GDMB.StirlingFan.JPG

My favorite Wade.

Wade&Butcher.6:8.10-25-18.640.JPG BrokenSceales.Wade.6-4-19.640.JPG

The tan wooden scales it came with were split, but I used them until they wouldn't hold. The next scales broke during my pinning. Finally the razor is "normal."

Happy shaves,

Jim

That's most kind of you Ian... I hope.

Thank you Antoine, that's the one. It is a top of the line razor, but so are all of you razors. What truly is impressive is how the original bleached caterpillar turned into this magnificent butterfly. Saving it was a great deed by You, Alfredo and the third man whose name I don't know. I guess that his name isn't Harry Lime though.

Thank you.

@Mango if you have a before photo, it would be absolutely fascinating to see it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a show stopper! I trust you keep it under lock and key? I know of an old polar bear who likes to prowl with a set of bolt croppers in hand..... :)

Well done sir!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matt!!!! Arne dont prowl with bolt croppers in hand that's me I'm the guilty one, They are ready for me to get Arne's collection of beautiful razors.

But come to think of it anybody's beautiful razor collection can make the list....:lol1::lol1::lol1::lol1::lol1::lol1:

Got a chance to shave test the Imperial "Extra Hollow Ground" (Germania) I honed yesterday.
IMG_20190722_140440-01.jpeg

Imperial "Extra Hollow Ground"
C&E West Indian Lime
CRV Custom Silvertip

Great edge on this razor. And the grind is really thin. Very light with a significant audible feedback. Easy BBS in three passes without any extra thought.

In short, very nice, but not my kind of razor.

Top Bottom