What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

Think I forgot to post this morning's setup.
PXL_20220621_153752027-01.jpeg

Revisor
WSP, Black Amber Vanille
Heritage Collection, Ever-Ready 200
Hazlett's Apothecary, Rose

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
~15/16 Douris made circa 1874 near Thiers, France…some of the best money that I have spent in this ridiculous hobby…one of my best shavers!
View attachment 1475905View attachment 1475906View attachment 1475907

I have a lot of those old French razors. I agree, the steel is incredibly good.

Bonjour @Mic - and Aggelos! Invite Aggelos Mic.

I’ve wondered about having custom razor made, and the first question is what steel?

I’d gather up all those 1800s French razors known to be good, and have Tim Zowada or another artisan that can work raw steel make me a razor out of them.

I have a lot of those old French razors. I agree, the steel is incredibly good.

Bonjour @Mic - and Aggelos!

I’ve wondered about having custom razor made, and the first question is what steel?

I’d gather up all those 1800s French razors known to be good, and have Tim Zowada or another artisan that can work raw steel make me a razor out of them.
Hmmmm…I am sure that it could be done, but if you combined the different steels it might affect the purity and the heat treat could affect the MOJO. Damned if I know…I am a chicken nugget!

I would never part with DOURIS…would never mess with it…never sell it! It’s that good!

Vr

Matt

Wednesday, June 22nd 2022
Today with the brandnew Thiers-Issard (#18):
  • Preshave: Hot Shower, some Baby-Oil and Proraso green PS
  • Razor: Thiers-Isard Aigle 6/8", round point, after 20 rounds of stropping, three passes (WTG-XTG-ATG) and some corrections
  • Shaving Cream: Mondial Axolute
  • Brush: Mühle Rytmo Badger
  • Bowl: the black one from Mühle
  • AS: Pitralon Classic
  • ASB: Nivea Men Sensitive cool ASB
  • Frag: Gisada Ambassador for Men EdP.
The Eagle came with a phantastic factory sharpness. The razor ist very well balanced which makes it a real pleasure to shave with.
Great and fine scented Lather from the Axolute Shaving Cream. Tried to achieve utmost closeness until the Lather bowl was empty.
Extremely pleasant and close shave; 10,0/10.

IMG_0221.jpg

My technique is lagging when it comes to the smaller, lighter 5/8. The blade "skips" a little in the tough parts of my beard, and this makes me a little more hesitant. I'll park this up for a while and come back to it once I have confident one pass shave working reliably, and see how I go then.

Top Bottom