What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
Le Grelot, soap was La Toja lathered with a SOC boar, and Harris Pink finished up a super shave. The razor is a nicely done refurb, light wear but horn scales which is a nice upgrade.

14336B0B-6E63-45B2-8BAA-97616542653A.jpeg

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
BATTLE OF THE TITANS

Yesterday afternoon I honed up a new Titan ACRM-2 T.H.60 that I am PIFing here. This morning I wanted to compare this newly honed edge against another T.H.60 that is in my regular rotation.

Both SRs are very similar. The SR to be PIFed is dressed in African ebony timber while the control SR is dressed in Madagascan mahogany. The only differences between the two are; mass (66g ebony -v- 63g mahogany), bevel angle (18.1° ebony -v- 18.2° mahogany) and balance from pivot pin (9mm ebony -v- 10mm mahogany).

Just prior to the shave-off, both SRs were put through a another full pasted balsa strop progression.

IMG_20220525_092339.jpg
Mahogany LHS - Ebony RHS
One SR was used for one side of the face and the other for the other side. They were then swapped about for each subsequent pass. Three passes; WTG, XTG+fool's pass and another XTG in the opposite direction.

The result was that the ebony SR (to be PIFed) just pipped the mahogany SR. This was only noticed in the fool's pass where the ebony was slightly more comfortable in cutting the whiskers.

Looks like the control SR will get a little more "love" before it is next used.

Top Bottom