What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

Razor Dorko 43 Near Wedge
Missed using SR due to work & limited time but the itch won't go away so just did it anyway...managed 2passes with an acceptable sas result without any issues. The razor's edge was soooo smooth and the entire shave although hurried but very enjoyable.
20211011_002018.jpg

Another 1st shave with a razors
Clauss 6/8 full hollow
A&E Peach&Cognac
Muhle pure badger.

A rare shave after a day with no shave. I bevel set with a Shapton 2k and then used an Ark progression with no pasted balsa. Shave was very comfortable, not amazingly close.

This pattern seems similar to what Clauss used on their USMC straights (Spanish American War and WW1) other than this one lacks the shoulder, but I have no idea what age this razor is. I have seen at least 4 different fonts used for “Clauss” on the tang but can’t figure out if that is time related or not.

3A4EB8CA-6FC8-4367-B7D6-40649152A2AD.jpeg

Well, I had intended to send this razor out to be honed. It was sold as NOS and I have no reason not to think that's the case. Almost no honewear, no errant scratches, etc. But out of idle curiosity I ran it across my leg hair and it treetopped aggressively at about 3/8". Not without resistance, but it was pretty good. I didn't feel like digging out my film to do a few passes but I decided to see if the balsa strops would improve it. About a 100 laps on the .5 and it was passing HHT pretty well. I think I did 60 or so on the two finer strops and it was really nice. Great shave this morning. Was not intending to use this one today but glad I did. It is a really interesting razor. It's a very stiff blade, like a typical Japanese hollow, but it's thin enough toward the edge that it almost wants to sing.
20211011_065642.jpg

Razor Dorko 43 Near Wedge
Missed using SR due to work & limited time but the itch won't go away so just did it anyway...managed 2passes with an acceptable sas result without any issues. The razor's edge was soooo smooth and the entire shave although hurried but very enjoyable.
View attachment 1343610

That soap container cover illustration is in the style of Art Frahm.
And it's missing some celery.

Top Bottom