What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

My first full WTG-shave with a shavette!!!

It went pretty well, just cut myself twice pushing it down too hard.
As instructed in B&B wiki-page I stopped after one WTG-pass and finished up with my DE razor.

It's pretty do-able but I find the grip so difficult, pretty sure I won't ever master it. When I had the DE in hand, I had a sigh of relief.But am VERY content that I managed to survive. :thumbup:
It only gets better and better! By the time you get to 30 shaves in muscle memory kicks in and by 100 it becomes child play.

I kid you not but I have not knicked myself in over five years of shaving with a straight razor. When I first started with a shavette I would get 5-10 tiny knicks. That lasted less than 10 shaves and I jumped to a traditional straight razor and never looked back.

I have never knicked my strop either while stropping my razor. Just take it slow until muscle memory kicks in on that part too.

Ekstra.
20210928_064011.jpg

This is a great shaver…full size EPBD!

It certainly has what feels like a stiffer edge than the more common Filarmonica razors that I have used in the past.

I might be crazy, but some of my Filarmonica razors have extremely full hollow/thin/fine grinds, and they feel like they conform to my face….this felt and sounded like a full hollow, yet with a reinforced edge.

I liked it, and the shave was beautiful…just different.
ABF05639-D7CF-401E-9AB3-95DB35255D11.jpeg
2BE8560E-0257-4806-8D39-E03945A6DDA7.jpeg
39559C04-FD18-45C1-89DC-0BDF3D0960B2.jpeg
A9D61F31-BA97-4319-B147-FD0AEFF2E26C.jpeg

Thiers Issard
CF Midnight Stag
24mm Yaqi Sagrada Familia Synth
Tony Miller Horween Strop
Surgical Black Ark Finish
CF Midnight Stag AS Splash
20210929_055015.jpg

first time using midnight stag. to my nose, the gasoline scent battles with the Hoppes #9 bore solvent to determine who wins. on an odd note, my shower towel still carries the scent of B&M Lyssa that I used yesterday. combine Stag and the funeral flower smell of Lyssa.............downright creepy indeed.

happy Fall all. be well.

camo

Top Bottom