What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
The JR Torrey Co. 992

CE3B91E0-EF1F-4C9B-AEC4-AE7B058C29CC.jpeg

When you do three passes, does that include a side-to-side or east-west on the neck? If it does, how do you hold the razor?
Hey, thanks for asking. Yes, my 3 passes include a side to side under the jawline from the bottom of the ear to below the chin. It's sorta holding the razor upside-down from overhead, right hand to the right side, and left hand to the left side. This is due to my whiskers growing from under the chin to ear...
The best way is to see it executed by Eric in his tube channel "Adventures in Wet Shaving" during his last pass. I use his method...
Let me know if it works for you...

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
Salut @Mic - Qu’est ce-que le rasoir?

13/16 Nelson razor (Japanese), ‘made from the world famous Nelson Steel’! Except that no one has heard of Nelson Steel. It did have a Schoeller Bleckmann Fenix steel sticker on the scales so I suspect that ‘Nelson steel’ was entirely marketing. It’s a nice razor, new when I got it cheap as chips because it has a tiny crack way up on the back of the heel, what knife people call the choil. It’s tiny and the razor would be worn to 4/8 by the time the crack ever came in to play in any way, and I figured it would be a good travel and test razor. And it is. Odddly enough, an eBay seller had another one just like it, including the crack in the same place only his was worse, so likely something with the forge/blanks?

The edge was from the chocolate kiita and the soap was ABC hard soap lathered with a Keyhole 3. Myrsol Blue finished up a great shave.

4B9B992A-105D-4075-81AD-109993C4FE16.jpeg

Top Bottom