What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

Tanifuji
ToBS lavendar cream
Maggard 22mm B&W synth
Great shave today! Haven’t used the ToBS in awhile but it performs and smells awesome.
28FF6750-88CE-4CF3-99D2-0AC2437B98E8.jpeg
EFE2E84B-5D2D-42C9-AF4A-BC760D77EC85.jpeg

Wostenholm Pipe Razor
97EF06D5-7FD5-4D60-A323-32C1037C6E46.jpeg

I enjoy this little detail on the tip.
2C17FD2B-A13C-4EDD-A0B1-6A66676DB13C.jpeg

I believe my older, heavier grind Sheffield razors are inherently comfortable shavers. The steel? The Pipe Razor was also simple to bring to a very keen edge. It is such a ragamuffin, but has endeared itself quickly.

Thank you for taking your time answering my question and in a very informative way too. To me scents always have been, and still are, very important. They carry memories of events, places and people. A slight trace of Tabac is enough to bring back fond memories of my father and his father, my grandfather. To me Eau Savage is the scent of whom I once was before I lost the remaining innocence that I do hope most teenagers still have today.

I'll get a bottle of the black version.
Thank you.

I subscribe to everything that you say well
Greetings

Vanta shavette with Feather blade
La Toja stick in the shower
ToBs Lavender cream for the shave

So, having never quite gotten to BBS on the Fool’s Pass, wanted to answer the question, is this due to my mustache, technique or the blade sharpness? So per suggestion from @rbscebu I got a shavette. I tried a few days ago with a Bic, then today loaded up a Feather bade.

So for sure this was the sharpest edge I’ve ever felt. But feeling sharp and being sharp aren’t the same thing - my edges off a black Ark feel really sharp, putting them through the pasted balsa makes them sharper, but they actually feel smoother. The feather didn’t give much room for manuevering, the difference between an angle where the edge wasn’t making contact vs digging into the skin was only a few degrees. At the end of the shave my skin felt pretty roughed up and the reality was that the shave wasn’t really any closer than I can get off of my best straights.

So I guess I answered a few questions: Can I sharpen as well as a DE blade? Bic yes, Feather no. As far as getting BBS off a Fools Pass, I’m going to have to keep working on prep and technique.

46FC0DB9-B0CB-49D9-A1C4-728DA6523D29.jpeg

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
@2bit_collie my routine on the upper lip is to first do a WTG pass. I then re-lather (quite wet) and do an ATG pass. With the right edge and good technique, this gives me a BBS upper lip. I found that if I do an XTG pass inbetween I get a weeper or two.

Of course, everyone's skin and whiskers are different. Maybe try it using a different blade in your shavette, just to be sure.

Top Bottom