What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

Very nice! Inspired me to use my own

dePew.JPG

I posted this one here in error yesterday. It should have gone into the acquisition thread. Today was the first shave.

I will admit I was a bit nervous to shave with something this large and heavy. It's a beast at 61 gm and the spine is a bit over 1/4 inch thick (0.30). The blade is 15/16 wide. But the extra mass felt right and the hairs just wiped away. Trouble spots were easily negotiated. I can now see the fascination with some of the older and larger razors.

henkotsu.jpg

Lord thank you for another day, blessings all
Not really a fair shave as my last nite shave didn’t post, but was phenomenal, TI Wolf and Sheep, blk ark edge,, didn’t realize a ark could extract smooth but butter smooth sharpness, ( used dans oil, got past smell tried it))),,, (oh point catching up and shaved with less than 24 hrs growth

Delicate tool required
Heljestrand MK31
Tims Soap, greek peach , probably the last tube on earth, soap guessing 14 year’s old, creamy delicious lather similar to milksteak and Kaizen, phenomenal lather, cushion/ glide etc, post surreal,

Razor 12 shave on this edge, honed to explicit outstanding by vendor using jnat
Cheers
proxy.php

proxy.php

Today's shave was with a Filarmonica #13 JMP. Below is the shave picture and a photo of the original rusted razor I received. This is a good example of recycling; something we SR shavers appreciate.

The new scales were by Mike Slater. The refurb cleanup was by Karl Johnson, along with his Suehiro 20k edge. I never thought this one would be a beauty queen, but it turned out quite nice. The shave was smooth and close, putting this one on the level of a daily driver. Soap was Catie's Bubbles Irish Coffee and the brush was High Mountain Badger set in Imperial Jade by Elite Razor. This was a nice shave finished off with a splash of Lucky Tiger.

PXL_20210726_180542075.jpg

fili.jpg

Today's shave was with a Filarmonica #13 JMP. Below is the shave picture and a photo of the original rusted razor I received. This is a good example of recycling; something we SR shavers appreciate.

The new scales were by Mike Slater. The refurb cleanup was by Karl Johnson, along with his Suehiro 20k edge. I never thought this one would be a beauty queen, but it turned out quite nice. The shave was smooth and close, putting this one on the level of a daily driver. Soap was Catie's Bubbles Irish Coffee and the brush was High Mountain Badger set in Imperial Jade by Elite Razor. This was a nice shave finished off with a splash of Lucky Tiger.

View attachment 1302487

View attachment 1302488
Amazing transformation!

Top Bottom