What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
Filly Sub Cero, soap was Williams South African rose stick lathered with a Wolf Whiskers Eagle with a Shavemac Finest knot. A splash of Myrsol Plastic Shave finished up.

D9168975-26C0-4E93-9741-CBE72C741060.jpeg

Testing the factory edge - Thiers Issard 6/8 1937 Spécial Coiffeur half hollow, C135 steel, factory fresh. I blame @camoloc for nudging me into acquiring a TI at last.

I wiped off the grease and stropped on Tony Miller linen/Horween horse.
73B9DA3E-7DE2-4E3D-854F-542DF4FA844D.jpeg

The razor stropped and handled easily, with weight and balance that suit me. The tip is highly accurate for detailing my beard edges, without being overly aggressive. This presents as an excellent basic razor, that can be found at an attractive price.

The bevel and edge looked even and smooth to the naked eye. Being curious but not particularly trusting of 'factory' edges in general, I had my Leresche loaded with a fresh PolSilver to provide backup. The TI edge, as delivered, did a fine first pass job of stubble reduction. Pass 2 did not get me quite as smooth as might be hoped. 12k and balsa progression coming up!

The Leresche was very efficient but required more blade fiddling and careful shaving than the thin cap Old Type it resembles.

Last edited:
Top Bottom