What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

RAZOR: Thiers Issard 11/16"
CREAM: Simpsons
BRUSH: Mason Pearson Best Badger knot
STROP: Black beauty double sided hanging leather
AFTERSHAVE: Proraso Red
20210623_084001.jpg

Well, I am starting settle in with "Joselito" my Medallon Taurino 13. Two days ago
on my second round with this blade I managed my smoothest shave ever. (Is
there such a thing as BBS+?). However, yesterday, I got gored. I haven't gotten a
weeper in a while so I was surprised to get one from a razor that shaves this smooth.
Maybe I just pushed it a little too much instead of letting the blade do its magic. Today,
I checked the edge and it was lopping tree-tops like madness. So, I broke out some
of my favorite implements and it was smooth Veronica passes again.
Picadores were a Rooney Finest and C&S #88.

622DB607-D907-4596-98C5-540C000731BE_1_105_c.jpeg

Feeling dandy like a certain torero...

external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpg

Hien 2000 can someone who speaks japanese please tell me what is written on the razor. thank you very much
View attachment 1285695

The name of the razor is 飛燕 2000 or "Flying Swallow 2000" (J. "Hi-en 2000") hence the swallow inlay on the scales. It probably refers to a WWII-era Kawasaki fighter jet. I think I may have seen one of these aircraft when I visited the Chiran Peace Museum ten years ago. See this Wikipedia article for more details:

Flying Swallow 飛燕

Here is a picture of the plane:
695d740f.jpg

And the rest of the translation:

Razor labeling 2.png

Razor labeling.png

Hitachi/Y.S.S. also produced a razor named after a WWII aircraft 秋水 "Autumn waters"
(J. Shūsui) You can find that blade referenced in the Fakira Wordpress site on
Japanese razors. I think Anthony "The Stallion " Esposito has a Shūsui razor.

Nice razor and cool backstory...I'm a little envious. :devil:

Last edited:
Henkotsu

Taking a short break in the pre-shave ritual while the new-skin sets up on the meaty right edge of my right hand. Let's just acknowledge that a kamisori is a hazard while it's standing upright. At least my novel shaving injury fits the "SMALL CUTS & WOUNDS" category. The chicks will not have a new scar to dig.
247E0524-6E37-4508-B221-5F621FDCFFF7.jpeg

Top Bottom