What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

George Korn “FIT-U” Little Valley NY
Pacific Shaving Co cream
SOC boar

I acquired this because of the historical significance of George Korn, but it shaves as well as any 5/8 hollow that I own. DFS this morning on 3 passes.

3AE97E6C-F932-44F9-94C8-5D446C8A4FBA.jpeg

This is probably a question to be researched/discussed in a different thread, but I am coming to suspect that my "Nichiri" Manaslu 300 and my "Cross Super" No. 1000 Super Doll may both have been made in the same establishment. I have been reading up on Hayashi Ichitaro, maker and marketer of H. Diamond razors. My source is historyrazors dot wordpress dot com.

Sometimes, H. Diamond razors display the 'REAL JAPANESE HOLLOW GROUND' etching on the blade. The 'FOR BARBERS' USE FIRST QUALITY' tang stamp is also found on some H. Diamond razors. The pins and washers on my razors also seem very similar to H. Diamonds I see on this thread.

Nichiri is said to be a marketer of beauty and barber goods, not a maker. Cross Super seems the same to me. There are a lot of Cross Super knockoffs of the Gillette Tech out there in the bay. I don't know whether Cross Super was the name of an enterprise, or just a brand it used. Or what sort of razor-related enterprise it was.

I can see that Japanese razors, and razor steels, are a special, and hard to explore, branch of the rabbit hole. I'm diving into the reading, if I can find it, before I toss too many yen down the hole ahead of me.

Top Bottom