What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

DB0F22E2-A122-483C-A5EC-CCEA575CD5AE.jpeg
27304229-594B-4002-A33A-BF56551E6ACE.jpeg

PXL_20210619_161718153-01.jpeg

Joseph Rodgers & Sons, Celebrated India Steel
XPEC Original (Not pictured because it's 3017)
Maggard's Black and White
Hazlett's Apothecary, 1888

The Rodgers made its first appearance since The FFFMM. I found it a little "toothy" and may have to take it back to the Les Lateneuses if it doesn't smooth out with some extra stropping tomorrow.

I used my favorite Feather AC SS today while sampling Wholly Kaw “King of Oud”. Really impressed with the lather and scent. A very smooth shave. I've been impressed so far the WK’s soaps. Trimmed the beard so I don't look like Don Johnson for my speech on Wednesday. (Anybody interested you can watch here (
). Mods feel free to delete if I crossed the rules line! Tomorrow I try La Mantia Garibaldi soap. Can't wait. Love the scent already.
17A11841-32DB-493D-A29C-9954A7853982.jpeg

And my Filly journey is off and running...ala la corrida de toros.

Second shave on the Medallon Taurino 13 (it's a "capote" if
you are keeping score at home). I have decided to name this
one "Joselito" after the famed early 20th century torero José
Gómez Ortega (aka "Joselito" or "Joselito el Gallo").

WTG and XTG were buttery smooth. ATG is still a work in progress
but I blame the man, not the tool. My picadores were an Alibaba
#2 and a tube of T&H Trafalgar.

1BF8F7F9-362C-46FC-B176-844B618BD27D_1_105_c.jpeg

José Gómez Ortega (aka "Joselito") with the capote...

la-pena-taurina-profundiza-en-la-figura-de-joselito-el-gallo.jpg

Böker makes excellent straight razors in my opinion. They do also change their models over time, but not too fast. If you want a specific razor model you have plenty of time before it is discontinued. Even so I was a bit dissapointed when I saw that my razor for the upcoming week was discontinued. At the time the Böker 5/8 Böker Arbolito was their most expensive 5/8 razor without looking that expensive, beautiful yes (in my opinion) but expensive no. The reason for the high price was that the grind is as thin as can be. This means that a substantial part of the razors must have been scrapped due to breaking while in production. We all have different preferences, but to me the flexibility of this razor is a blessing. The blade flexes over my face loudly cutting stubble while not causing any injuries. It's definitely not a "mole killer"

20210619_081402.jpg

Top Bottom