What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

Busted out the Kinfolk tonight.
Ever Ready 1924, Stick Schick,
Unknown (French?) brush with TGN Synthetic 3-band,
Stirling Baker Street and Island Man.

20210615_203413.jpg

I have a Kinfolks Blue Steel Special and it is a fantastic shaver. Takes a great edge!
I agree! Even though it viciously assaulted me the first time I used it, I stoned it into submission and we have gotten along swimmingly since then.

I'll join this lovefest. My Kinfolks has always behaved well, currently in the top rank of my American vintage line up along with my Cattaraugus Yellow Boy.
69BFD3FB-FD66-4879-90F5-6EA418495155.jpeg

Is mine bluer, or is it just the lighting?

Koraat 7/8 bellied hollow
TOBS Lavender Cream
Semogue 1250

Today’s shave was both DFS close as well as really comfortable. I could have used a touch more water in the TOBS, but was close enough for a good shave. One comment about the Pasted Balsa Method. My experience is that if you don’t absolutely nail the edge on the initial run-thru, the regimen of 50 laps on 0.1u + 50 laps on leather will gradually improve the edge until it does max out. In fairness I do a little extra 50 long laps, then a few edge-pulls to deburr, then another 6-12 shorter angled laps.

255E4058-D28D-418D-B4AE-2C3116E3CCF6.jpeg

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
Scheön Burg frame back, I’ve been playing with a newly minted Pierre La Lune the past couple of days. The La Lune edges give me a shave that ‘lasts’ a long time, I did not have much stubble from yesterday morning’s shave until this morning! Those edges are very sharp and smooth, but aggressive it seems.

So I refinished it with a fine piece of Nakayama kiita, et voilá a buttery smooth edge. Soap and AS were Czech and Speake 88.

EC4BF2EA-D0A9-4B9A-B85B-6262639068D1.jpeg

Last edited:
Top Bottom