What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

Yesterday's $12 J.R. Torrey got cleaned up, just barely in time for a Tuesday evening shave. Rushed, forgot to strop until I made a pass and the light dawned. 20 linen and 30 leather brought the smooth. Those several hundred laps on the hones and the 3x60 laps on the balsa progression don't fully deliver without that final touch.
CF699B47-EC96-4EFC-86BE-8D1882A992DD.jpeg

Another razor escapes the restoration/honing queue! (This guy was pretty easy, no history of abuse that I could detect.)

W&B Special, a light, hollow, 5/8
CBL Tonsorial Roasted Oatmeal Stout (a soap, not a tipple)
Simpson Duke 1 in Best
Proraso green
014D45C6-FC7E-497D-B8AD-826907CA0F10.jpeg

Four razors on the restoration/honing bench today. The next is looking easy, then I have two challenges that won't be finished today. The Special honed up to an A++ HHT. Now to decide whether to try to restore the gold logo on the scales.

Oh yeah, the shave. I skimped on prep, lathered hastily a soap that I have never before picked for a straight shave, and was rewarded with two tuggy passes. Without checking, I grabbed a DE to improve things only to find the HHT was accurate. There was nothing much for my Wunderbar to do. Not a smooth SR shave, but highly effective.

Lather well, shave well. Prep and lather poorly and once in a blue moon you get away with it.

Top Bottom