What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

RAZOR: Comoy's of London 6/8"
CREAM: A&E Kaizen
BRUSH: Mason Pearson Best Badger knot
STROP: Dovo hanging leather
AFTERSHAVE: Proraso Green
20210424_103656.jpg

I tried a different A&E today and it performed better than the Asian Plum. However you have to really work it to get a lather, as opposed to Arko or Tabac that lather really well. The scent was ok, but the shave wasn't stellar. Again a little disappointing. I was hoping to love A&E but I'm not sure if that will happen.

Theirs Issard w/ Black Horn Scales
Thüringian Hybrid Finish
Simpson Duke 3 Best
Castle Forbes 1445 Cream
Castle Forbes 1445
Westholme Shell Cordovan Strop
Sterling Silver Bowl

4613C3CB-866E-42D7-A0F0-18C6795EBECD.jpeg

Wonderful shave. Skipped the ATG pass. So comfortable. The 1445 scent is my favorite.

The last few weeks I've felt very relaxed for the first time in years. Life is good, I work from home, my job assigment is a good one too, and I spend a lot of my spare time taking care of the unfortunately neglected garden. This has had the downside of me not spending very much time at B&B, but here I am.

This was was my razor last week. It is a Halfmann, most likely made in the late 1940's and probably bought as a souvenir by a French member of the occupation forces. I can't remember ever having shaved with it, but the shaves were good, even if the oversized decorated spine made it heavy.
20210424_113223~2.jpg

Today I picked a very different razor a 4/8 Heljestrand M.K. No.30. Actually over the years I have come to prefer small razors (with some large exceptions). The edge is just the same as for larger razors but the agility is so much better.
20210424_113447~2.jpg

The Klar company don't reply to my emails regarding their use of me and the Cub to promote their products. They could at least asked first.

20210424_161019~2.jpg

Pre Shave: AOS Pre-shave un-scented oil.
Soap: Tabac
Brush: Mystery
Razor: Gold Dollar courtesy of @Slash McCoy
Aftershave: Alum block, Osage Rub, AOS Unscented Balm

After killing my face with the SR last Sunday I went back to DE for the week. Picked the the SR back up today to regroup. Two passes WTG. No blood. No feedback from the alum. Not as close as I’d like but I’ll call it a success.

7.5/10 dinged because it’s only a CCS.
53A32E5F-2DE5-465F-BC77-CBCBBD096312.jpeg

Takigawa Koshaku 333 13/16 Full Hollow
Grooming Dept Lavender Bouquet Preshave
Barrister & Mann ClusterFig Shave Soap
Lucky Tiger Face Tonic
Barrister & Mann ClusterFig Aftershave Splash
Boellis Panama 1924 Aftershave Balm
Heritage Collection 26mm Ever-Ready Silver Tip Brush
D57959E8-738A-48FF-B358-C20FE3378D82.jpeg
6E2C16E4-BF36-4D18-92F0-FD82483E3A5E.jpeg
15BCE13E-967E-4149-9330-12757BDFC902.jpeg

RAZOR: Comoy's of London 6/8"
CREAM: A&E Vanille De Tabac / Tabac
BRUSH: Mason Pearson Best Badger knot
STROP: Dovo hanging leather
20210425_095318.jpg

A&E continues to under perform :letterk2:. It's the third sample in a kind gift from Wilkshire13. I added a scoop of the soap to the bowl and lathered away. The bowl smelt like a cinamon cake mix, absolutely delicious. First pass was ok, but the soap suds on the tissue paper indicated it was watery & weak. Second pass I added a little more soap to the bowl & lathered up, but my face looked like I had applied soapy water. I could clearly see my face and it was an absolute fail. I added a wee bit of Tabac to the bowl & it was a fantastic lather.

Yet another under performance by A&E, while I love the scents I'd never buy it. You have 'lesser' brands like Tabac that crush the performance at half the price.

Top Bottom