What's new
  • Welcome back Guest!
    If you have been away from our site you may have to request a new password. Simply click on the link for "lost" password in the log in page.
    Thank you.
    The BST is now open, please note the changes in our guidelines to address the recent fraudulent activity. Ensure you read the guidelines prior to creating a sale thread in the Buy-Sell-Trade forum with special attention to the new photo and payment requirements.
    Thank you for your patience and understanding.

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

RumpleBearskin

Contributor
First shave (for me) for the new (to me) Koraat.
PXL_20210116_213153200-01.jpeg
Koraat Basic II, 8/8, 1/4 hollow
Wholly Kaw Fougere Bouquet
Heritage Collection Merit 99-5
Hazlett's Apothecary 1888

Wow! Just Wow!
Heavy as all get out, but well balanced allowing for great control. A very sharp, but incredibly smooth edge. Hardly felt like I was shaving. I totally get why everyone loves these razors.

Now off for a coat of RenWax and a trip through the pasted balsa ...

This is my razor of the week.
The last couple of months I've been using the same brush: Simpsons Duke No.1 in Best Badger. A great brush for face lathering.

A couple of days ago I used up the last of a AOS Valobra Sandalwood soap that I've been 3017. It was replaced by a vintage (made 1978 according to the box it came in) C&E Sandalwood shaving soap. I'll 3017 that one too along with C&E Sandalwood Cologne (the pre 2014 version).

20210117_081009.jpg

Razor: Dubl Duck 6/8 Special No. 1
Brush: PAA Aérolite Amber 24mm synthetic
Pre-shave: PAA Cube 2.0
Shave Bowl: Van Yulay honeycomb bowl
Soap: Razorock New York
Post Shave: Thayers Cucumber Face Lotion
Nivea Sensitive Skin Shave Balm

As some have pointed out the Dubl Duck is a great shaver. The Goldedge I bought recently will be cleaned up and left stock but I think the No.1 needs some flashy scales
I can’t decide whether I prefer the Aérolite Amber or the Simpson T-3 both good brushes IMHO anyway.

Last edited:
Top Bottom