What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

7/8 Greaves 1/4 Hollow

I noticed the other day that my two Greaves have different makes stamps. One says "Manufactured by W. Greaves & Sons" while the other says "Wm. Greaves & Sons". Both are Sheafworks.
PXL_20200806_234314026-01.jpeg

Raymondmillbrae

Totally bogus
Great shave today.

Captains Choice Nor’Easter is a great, fresh, scent.

Crisp and clean.

The soaps are great. Never had an issue with the blade sticking, or with accidental nicks because if something it did.

Captains Choice balms are probably the best. Thin, easily absorbable, non-overpowering scent. Love the conditioning on my face and noggin.

Razor: W H Morley & Sons
Lather: Captains Choice Nor’Easter
Balm: Captains Choice Nor’Easter
Splash: Captains Choice Nor’Easter
Brush: WCS Beacon (Silvertip)
Bowl: Captains Choice (Large)

Feeling awesome after the shave. Ready to crush everything.
EB0DD0DB-646F-4A46-8F0A-B7AB8D45E27C.jpeg

Been on the road, no place for a nice straight. I took a shavette and didn't even use that. Now I'm "isolated" from the den, but I reached my limit and took an SR into the bunker. Just the basics for a dinner time one pass shave to get me back on a morning tonsorial schedule.

Rigarazor, a handful of steel
Arko stick, mug loaded and bowl lathered
Custom horse, a handful of a brush
Pinaud Clubman
5C499BE1-9702-454C-B648-D64CBC78BD46.jpeg

That felt good!!

Variation versus the comfort of sticking to what you’re used to.

Having a large razor collection is a luxury and I can’t deny that I really enjoy my razors. The only downside to me is that even my favourite razors only will get used a couple of times a year, and most razors less than so. This despite that they’re good shavers. This Puma, my choice for the coming week, is a good example. Like so many other razors I could be quite content with having this as my one and only razor. That is of course if I didn't have any knowledge of the joy of variation, which I do.

Even if I these days stick to one razor for a whole week I still do a lot of experimenting with different combinations of shaving soaps, shaving brushes and face and bowl lathering. Variation is the spice of life, but I keep getting back to a three or four shaving soaps that are the ones that spontaneously tend to reach out for and I only use a fraction of my brushes.

I do also have some really good strops, but the last five years or so I’ve only been using one of them seven days a week and 60 laps a day. I feel no urge to try any of the other strops.

20200808_083223.jpg

Raymondmillbrae

Totally bogus
Today’s shave was great.

Love the “Integrity” line (UNSCENTED) of Soap Commander products. Their shave soap is fantastic!

I absolutely hate to mix scents, like I am a ghetto .99 cent store of mixed fragrances.

So on the days where I am wearing cologne, or where I will only be using an aftershave scent I really like...everything else is unscented.

Yes, I also use their Integrity (Unscented) body soap, and potassium alum deodorant.

The Southern Witchcraft splashes are incredible. They are white in color, a smidgen creamy-feeling, have witch hazel, no alcohol, and the scent lasts throughout the day. My absolute favorite aftershave splashes. (But I found that I still need a balm before using it, to give my face the toning and moisturizing I like).

Southern Witchcraft has an incredible shave soap as well. One of my top three. (Right up there with A&E’s kaizen, and WSP’s shaving soaps). I am actually ordering a tub of Southern Witchcrafts “Incorporeal” (Unscented) shave soap as well. All vegan.

Side note: I do not like 98% of Southern Witchcrafts scents. (Although their names are super catchy and intriguing). They must be hippies, as all their products smell like an incense shop from the Haight Ashbury district of San Francisco. But the two I like (Samhain and Druantia) are unique and darker. A hint of sweetness...but with depth.

But I digress.

Razor: WH Morley & Sons
Lather: Soap Commander “Integrity” (Unscented)
Balm: Soap Commander “Integrity“ (Unscented)
Splash: Southern Witchcraft “Druantia”
Brush: WCS Beacon (Silvertip)
Bowl: Captains Choice (Large)

Strutting out the master bathroom like a Boss!

5E7334ED-802A-460C-BE34-0A6AC5ED279C.jpeg

Last edited:
Top Bottom