What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

I'm not too macho to stop and smell the roses:

13EC6853-545B-4803-AB2A-890E9D106CC5.jpeg

Boker King Cutter 5/8" round point, honed to perfection, cut like a dream. 11/10 shave.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Shave 20200802
shave 20200802_143005.jpg

Razor (WTG): Feather SS Artist Club Japanese Straight
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Protouch w/Guard (4)

Razor (XTG/ATG x 2): @Blackland Razors Vector :001_wub:
Blade: Schick Proline (6)
Brush: @Rudy Vey Butterscotch Beehive (Shavemac 24mm 2-Band Silvertip)
Soap: La Toja Cream
Post-shave: Hyaluronic Acid
Aftershave: La Toja
Cologne: La Toja

WTG, XTG/ATG & XTG/ATG. Minor touch-up.

BBS (Bride Approved) with no nicks, cuts, weepers or irritation.

Completed the entire WTG pass, including top lip and chin, with the Feather SS. The two XTG/ATG passes were handled by the @Blackland Razors Vector. I am pleased to report that the combined shave was smooth, close, efficient, comfortable and effective. :)

8/3/2020
💈SOTD💈
The old war horse comes through with flying colors.
Razor: Peter's Brothers Best Quality near wedge
Brush: Rubberset 200-2 Two Band Badger
Lather: WSP Formula T Bay Rum
Astringent: Osma Alum block
Splash: Ogallala Bay Rum Lime and Peppercorn
This old razor has some cosmetic issues but it shaves amazingly well. Today I think I got my best ever straight razor shave with this beast of a razor. All I've done to this razor is shine up the blade a little bit hone her up and use it.
20200803_093535.jpg
20200616_160245.jpg

Marshes and Shepherd Pondworks
Stirling soap was the first soap company I bought many examples of. I also bought many of their aftershave splashes, unfortunately I learned many of the skin issues I was attributing to poor technique (with a de) actually stemmed from dryness from the splashes. I put all my splashes on the back shelf and began trying many examples of balms. I found those work very well for my skin type. I only recently got into double splashing, witch Hazel and aloe, and my preferred splash. I was happy to find that this allowed me to regularly use splashes again. Hopefully that continues through the winter. Great scent combination tonight!
0803202136a~2.jpg

Marshes and Shepherd Pondworks
Stirling soap was the first soap company I bought many examples of. I also bought many of their aftershave splashes, unfortunately I learned many of the skin issues I was attributing to poor technique (with a de) actually stemmed from dryness from the splashes. I put all my splashes on the back shelf and began trying many examples of balms. I found those work very well for my skin type. I only recently got into double splashing, witch Hazel and aloe, and my preferred splash. I was happy to find that this allowed me to regularly use splashes again. Hopefully that continues through the winter. Great scent combination tonight!
View attachment 1134656

Glad you found something that works well.
I have some trouble spots on my neck that I haven't worked out a salutation for yet.

Top Bottom