What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

First shave with the funky rescale Greaves. I was concerned because there is some texture (can't really call it pitting) near the bevel. BUT, I could tell from bevel set it was nothing to worry about. She honed readily and worked really well tonight! While not saying much, I think it's my best edge to date.

20200709_213955.jpg

Wade & Butcher Frameback
Proraso Red
Semogue 1305
Miller Strop
CeraVe HA Serum
Proraso Red AS

20200710_060149.jpg

wonderful shave this morn. I'm really liking the buffalo scales on this restore. there is a certain satisfaction of using a fine piece that you have brought back to life and honed yourself to a fine edge!!!!

be well all.

10/10

camo

Last edited:
IMG_20200710_072700-01.jpeg

Wacker Chevalier
Heritage Collection Ever-Ready 200
Tabac soap, AS, and EdC

Great razor. Great shave.

Feeling a little stressed in the soap department. Arko August approaches and I have the tail end of my Tabac puck left. I hate the thought of storing mere dregs while I commit to a month of Arko, so I'm trying desperately to finish the Tabac before the end of the month. If successful I will of course replaced it with more Tabac, but at least it will not be just dregs in the drawer during August.

I thought I got into this hobby to relieve stress ...

View attachment 1123947
Wacker Chevalier
Heritage Collection Ever-Ready 200
Tabac soap, AS, and EdC

Great razor. Great shave.

Feeling a little stressed in the soap department. Arko August approaches and I have the tail end of my Tabac puck left. I hate the thought of storing mere dregs while I commit to a month of Arko, so I'm trying desperately to finish the Tabac before the end of the month. If successful I will of course replaced it with more Tabac, but at least it will not be just dregs in the drawer during August.

I thought I got into this hobby to relieve stress ...

I'm too much of a........soap "mistress of the night" to be cornered into any soap schedule. that'd be the end of me surely!!!

camo

New to me CVH today.
View attachment 1123125
CVH MK No 22
CRV
Tabac
Hazelet's Apothecary 1888

I had previously owned a CVH MK 31 that did not thrill me and it put me off the CVH razors. I decided to take a risk and try a MK 22 I found as a bare blade. (Thanks @Polarbeard for his advice and encouragement.) I scaled it in antique bone I had, honed it this weekend, and she provided a fantastic shave this morning.
I've been away, hence the late answer. I'm glad that you liked it :001_smile

Top Bottom