What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

6/8 Wade and Butcher Philadelphia Works

Had a great shave with this Vintage English blade.
rps20191109_171151_616.jpg

Mannos 14, barberpole scales.
proxy.php

To highlight knife prepared by fellow forums Pablo (Airforce) The scales are, without a doubt, the best in my collection of knives.
Great job to design them (three types of sheets of three colors, combining their front position with their rear view), trim and paste (sizes and surfaces completely adjusted between connected sheets to achieve the union or glued together securely and durable) and polished (angles, edges and edges perfectly straight and with their corresponding angles) and luxury details (Swiss watch screws, stainless steel with gold plating and the author's logo printed by it with laser).

The scales pick up an iron Mannos, of the good Solingen 14 that were made in the middle of the last century. On this occasion, polished impeccable mirror made by Pablo himself.

An eternal treasure of which I am fortunate to permanently admire.

Okay,
After much deliberation, trying a couple of cheap razors, then reading lots of posts and getting a lot of advice, I finally bought a good razor.
I opted for a vintage Maples and Co., Bee-Hive Razor made from "fine Surgical Steel". My first shave went well. No cuts and it actually shaves rather then hack and tear. I have a lot to learn about using it and I'm nowhere near getting a BBS shave but now I feel that it is possible.

razor1.JPG
razor2.JPG

Mannos 14, barberpole scales.
proxy.php

To highlight knife prepared by fellow forums Pablo (Airforce) The scales are, without a doubt, the best in my collection of knives.
Great job to design them (three types of sheets of three colors, combining their front position with their rear view), trim and paste (sizes and surfaces completely adjusted between connected sheets to achieve the union or glued together securely and durable) and polished (angles, edges and edges perfectly straight and with their corresponding angles) and luxury details (Swiss watch screws, stainless steel with gold plating and the author's logo printed by it with laser).

The scales pick up an iron Mannos, of the good Solingen 14 that were made in the middle of the last century. On this occasion, polished impeccable mirror made by Pablo himself.

An eternal treasure of which I am fortunate to permanently admire.
Oh i love those scales.....a scale pattern you see often thats for sure.

Prep was Stirling Executive Man soap and shampoo bars hot shower.
Razor-Greis & Co 7/8
Soap-Stirling Executive Man
Brush-Custom boar in Ultem
Post shave GJ alum and post shave oil.
Results- BBS
IMG_20191110_090948.jpg

Okay,
After much deliberation, trying a couple of cheap razors, then reading lots of posts and getting a lot of advice, I finally bought a good razor.
I opted for a vintage Maples and Co., Bee-Hive Razor made from "fine Surgical Steel". My first shave went well. No cuts and it actually shaves rather then hack and tear. I have a lot to learn about using it and I'm nowhere near getting a BBS shave but now I feel that it is possible.

View attachment 1033649View attachment 1033650

Great choice. I have a Bee-Hive that will never leave my rotation.

Yasuhira Hinode 6/8, 1/4 grind. Heavy razor that plies through the whiskers. The soap was B&M Nocturne sample that a friend graciously provided. The post shave feel is lacking a bit. Not sure if it is just me or...
Brush was Omega 48. Monster lather builder.
E9F52E22-0C47-40F8-B9F7-F66CACB495DA.jpeg

7/8 Dorko

Had a fantastic shave with this Vintage Solingen blade. With the extra weight due to the blade size this razor just wiped away two days of growth with almost no effort.
rps20191111_162816_794.jpg

Top Bottom