What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

Ice-Man

That's a really nice razor Ian, but to tell the truth the lid of that shaving soap always makes me feel a bit uneasy, but that says more about me than about anything else.
Arne!!!! He is one of my guardians for my razors, and the others I dont like seeing so beware they are evil.... Trust me :001_tt2: :001_tt2: :001_tt2: :001_tt2: :001_tt2:

I Colonial Soap
Oh yes Arne!!! it sure is good soap and its a pity they stopped making it, I'm the same as you I still have 1 and a quarter tubs left so I use it now with caution as I dont want to run out. Yes I know its going to happen...:c7::c7::c7:

6/8 Union Japanese Straight For Barbers use

Had a fantastic shave with this Japanese blade.This blade took an extremely keen and smooth edge off the J-Nat .
rps20191019_131623_263.jpg

RumpleBearskin

Contributor
First outing for the new Wacker!

Wacker 8/8”, "Old Sheffield", Stosser
Tabac
CRV custom
IMG_20191019_093742-01.jpeg
My, oh my, oh my! Wonderful shave with this razor. More audible feedback than with my vintage near wedges, but not a lot when compared to the full hollows. And boy, is she ever nimble despite the wide blade. The only issue was that the pivot pin is rather far away from the end of the scales. On the ATG pass on my cheek I actually pushed the end of the scale up into my nose! I'm either gonna have to adjust my grip or modify the scales. (Or remove my nose.)

evnpar

Contributor
Sunday morning shave with Ali's Blade Chopper 65, 8/8. I'm also using a new soap from Murphy & McNeil in collaboration with Black Mountain Shaving. It contains bear tallow, in addition to beef tallow, duck fat, goat milk, and a bunch of butters. It doesn't smell like bear and performs very well.

10.19.19Ali'sBlade.jpg

Ice-Man

Todays Shave
William's Special Razor Co. Sheffield
RazoRock xXx
Rubberset 400/4 Vie-Long 24mm Horse Hair knot
Irish moos Aftershave

30a.jpg

First outing for the new Wacker!

Wacker 8/8”, "Old Sheffield", Stosser
Tabac
CRV custom
View attachment 1027487
My, oh my, oh my! Wonderful shave with this razor. More audible feedback than with my vintage near wedges, but not a lot when compared to the full hollows. And boy, is she ever nimble despite the wide blade. The only issue was that the pivot pin is rather far away from the end of the scales. On the ATG pass on my cheek I actually pushed the end of the scale up into my nose! I'm either gonna have to adjust my grip or modify the scales. (Or remove my nose.)
Very nice setup.

I know a guy that can fix that. :D