What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

[QUOTE="Polarbeard, post: 10398569, member:
Seldom, if ever, has the sting of a scorpion or the bite of a cobra been such an attractive alternative. I do however recommend that you don't hold any sharp object to your face when looking at the credit card bill from your ladies' shopping tour.
[/QUOTE]
Tks Arne. I don’t use them that often though I should . Alfredo gave them his best edges. Credit card self destructs once critical amounts are reached .... SWMBO knows ....she has to obey :biggrin1:

Decided to go for a slow and traditional shave today since I had time (daughter and wife out for shopping !!).
Pre-shave oil on dry face
Scorpio and Cobra out of my 7 day set (9/8)
Steamer and hot towels (before each pass)
Meißner Tremonia Bay Rhum soap
Omega super large boar Barber Brush
Sē’bŭm after shave

I think I’ll probably need another shave in 2 days. Super deep and irritation free BBS or a possible definition of bliss ....
proxy.php
proxy.php
I must say this is a fabulous looking blade. If I am honest, I don't care much for the scales, though I apreciate the incredible craftmanship, just not my cuppa. But that non-mirror blade, the shape, the grind, everything..... I don't know who made it but boy, did he do a great job working that steel....

Sent from my G8341 using Tapatalk

IMG_20191011_224928_838.jpg

Joseph Rodgers and Sons Cutler's to Their Majesty. Maybe a 6/8. First time honing with the JNats. I imagine if I lathered my face and shaved with the blunt side of of a butter knife, that's how smooth this shaved. Only thing smoother is my face now that it's done.

I must say this is a fabulous looking blade. If I am honest, I don't care much for the scales, though I apreciate the incredible craftmanship, just not my cuppa. But that non-mirror blade, the shape, the grind, everything..... I don't know who made it but boy, did he do a great job working that steel....

Cédric Christ made 7 blades like this one.
Excellent artisan and person.

Cédric Christ made 7 blades like this one.
Excellent artisan and person.
Well, his was the first artisan razor I ever tried, a 1/4 hollow T-Rex custom made for a Spanish forum. I was amazed, shaving just seemed effortless, although I wasn't (and never be) sold on the finger notch om the tang.

Maybe one day....

This one has a fabulous look and should shave well once dialed-in !
It'looks like it belongs to the grim reaper and I'm totally in love with it.
View attachment 1025629
Boker 6/8. Curly birch scales
The last time you posted this one I actually tried to find the source of it, but without success.
Keep this one in your safe and never give me your gps coordinates. I need it !
/QUOTE]
Knowing your incredible skill in finding razors that everyone else only can dream of I suspected his razor will be mysteriously gone when he wakes up tomorrow.[

Thank you I found it. I've cut my razor expenses to a minimum but it's about time for me to start looking for a Christmas gift to Santa from Santa.
Well, if you are looking to increase your disposable income, I am always in the market for a 6/8 or 7/8 CV Heljestrand....

PS. The Boker is also available with Wenge scales.
77C5DBA8-9445-445F-AA96-6EF29F99C0A5.jpeg

Keep this one in your safe and never give me your gps coordinates. I need it !
Thanks! I found this one in NOS condition when I was a complete straight razor newbie. I thought I had paid way too much for it. Hindsight says I got a real bargain. It's not going into the safe because it sees far too much use for that.

Fili 14 Doble Temple (straight off the stones)
Arko stick
Rick Montalvo
IMG_20191013_145821-01.jpeg

First time using a Fili. I totally get why people love them. Gave it my usual synthetic progression, finished with the pasted balsa progression, and then stropped on Tony's Steerdovan.

And today was the third day with the Rick Montalvo. First day was bowl lathering with a hard soap (Tabac), the second was bowl lathering with a cream (AOS), and today was face lathering with a stick (Arko). Great performance regardless of the soap or lathering method. Yup. I like this brush.

Top Bottom