What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

Well Jim I guess that it's a matter of financial situation and how much one is prepared to sacrifice. An Australian friend of mine, that unfortunately doesn't post anymore, wrote that "he'd be the best shaved man in the poorhouse".

Arne.... I think we could all say that at some stage

Got a very nice surprise from my German relatives. Showed up in mail this morning, Leopard 85 just gave it the test run with some uncle Jon’s Bay Rum. Couldn’t be happier
6E05AFF4-04BE-4893-9E1F-555D5030C0C7.jpeg

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Well Jim I guess that it's a matter of financial situation and how much one is prepared to sacrifice. An Australian friend of mine, that unfortunately doesn't post anymore, wrote that "he'd be the best shaved man in the poorhouse".

Sounds like my wife, but they're both right.

Besides, there's an endless (seemingly) stream of drool-worthy straight razors. Combined with a limited number of shaving opportunities how many razors does a guy need? Okay, wrong question, but close enough.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Tonights Shave

J.A. Henckels Twin Works 415 5/8
RazoRock Stallion
Old Spice Brush 22mm Boar
Armaf Shades Blue Eau de Toilette

Just restored this Brush and I must say the boar is a fantastic knot in this, whips a great lather up in no time and it will get better as it breaks in and the ends split......

20190831_233821.jpg

Tonights Shave

J.A. Henckels Twin Works 415 5/8
RazoRock Stallion
Old Spice Brush 22mm Boar
Armaf Shades Blue Eau de Toilette

Just restored this Brush and I must say the boar is a fantastic knot in this, whips a great lather up in no time and it will get better as it breaks in and the ends split......

View attachment 1012905
I really need a 415 and in that condition too.

I put the CVH 32 away this morning and replaced it with this Filarmonica Gen II 13S. This too is a great razor that unjustly is shadowed by its big brother the 14. I also changed soap from the truly magnificent Saponificio Varesino Cosmo to the legendary Il Coloniali Mango croap, kindly gifted to me by a true gentleman. The brush remains the Simpson Chubby 2 synthetic though complemented with the Fine Accoutrements lathering bowl, the best lathering bowl in my rather large collection.

Filarmonica 13S.jpg

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Parker Cut Co., "The improved - Eagle Razor", Surgical steel, bone scales.
proxy.php

Parker. RSO. japan.480.jpg

Apparently we have much different views of that one. I was able to sharpen mine enough to get a shave, but not a good shave. The thing seems too short in some ways for my hand and fingers to properly hold it + it's very heavy and unbalanced (according to how it feels to me).

1-19-19.Eagle.Parker.Kit.***.640.JPG

I'm glad to see someone using it and enjoying it. It sure is a good looking razor.

Happy shaves,

Jim

View attachment 1013080

Apparently we have much different views of that one. I was able to sharpen mine enough to get a shave, but not a good shave. The thing seems too short in some ways for my hand and fingers to properly hold it + it's very heavy and unbalanced (according to how it feels to me).

View attachment 1013081

I'm glad to see someone using it and enjoying it. It sure is a good looking razor.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Hello:
Maybe I was wrong about something, but it is certain that in this case I think exactly the same as you. This straight razor is very small and heavy, especially in the lengths of the blade and the handle (not its width).
This makes it very unmanageable for shaving. It already presents problems in the stropp; then in the face many more.
The reason for exposing it in this section of the forum is not for the result of shaving, it is only to record its use (like all the different ones that I have been using and revealing throughout this year).
I appreciate your comments and I would be happy to hear your opinion about other issues that are originating.
Best regards
Jorge

Sundays simple pleasure. My old Fredrick Reynolds (gifted to me by a member) I swear the shaves keep getting better with her! Cella (second try with this) brush was my favorite BWP (Omega knot custom) after was my oil mix (sweet almond, Argan, coconut and lime) BBS..
IMG_20190901_092023.jpg

Top Bottom