What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

mrlandpirate

Got lucky with dead badgers
14.jpg

Henckel Friodur without a doubt. Fantastic razors all of them!

Nope that's the way Heljestrand made them.

Sorry to read that. Try to wipe it off with metal polish applied on a q-tip (don't get metal polish on the etching!). After having shaved I dry my razor with a towel, then with a large soft paper napkin (from IKEA). After that I strop it and finally I store it in an airy glass cabinet. For safety measures I also have a hygrometer, that I check daily, in the cabinet.

Thank you for your kindness:001_smile

So I guess the problem is that I now store them in cigar wood box closed.

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk

Henckel Friodur without a doubt. Fantastic razors all of them!

Nope that's the way Heljestrand made them.

Sorry to read that. Try to wipe it off with metal polish applied on a q-tip (don't get metal polish on the etching!). After having shaved I dry my razor with a towel, then with a large soft paper napkin (from IKEA). After that I strop it and finally I store it in an airy glass cabinet. For safety measures I also have a hygrometer, that I check daily, in the cabinet.

Thank you for your kindness:001_smile

Thank you Arne a Friodur it will be.

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk

Todays Shave
in support ofTorrey Tuesday

J. R. Torrey Worcester shoulderless monogram
Old Spice Shaving Soap
Un named Silvertip Brush
Old Spice Aftershave 1977

5.jpg

Last edited:
My pre-1890 Wade and Butcher is my primary blade. Besides honing/stropping and polishing the steel, I have done nothing else to it (I believe that the scales are ebony).

proxy.php

proxy.php

Beter, Flor de Lis
proxy.php

Beter, old straight razor, enjoys prestige in Spain as it matches the Filarmonica 14. Some claim that they were manufactured by Jose Monserrat Pou with the other Beter brand

I used a double edge razor and a straight razor for today shave. I have recently got back to my Straight Razor and I am moving slow. It is probably been two years since I shaved with a straight.

Roger

proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom