What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

PUMA

It’s one of my Big Cats today. The Puma 22 was the tool of choice it got the job done very well CCS
ED8BDF0F-0D28-4972-AFFF-C7BB3E820C67.jpeg

This Mornings Shave

Filarmonica 14 Doble Temple 8-8th
Mitchell's Wool Fat Shaving Soap
Brush unknown silvertip
Pinaud Clubman
The Bear the wife makes and told me to add him to the photo, to protect the razor from a very well known bear......

View attachment 1004697
Is this the razor that is so heavy that you want to give it away? My No.12 and No.13 wouldn't mind getting a big brother, and Ian please tell your wife that bears are gentle and kind as long as they are treated kindly...

Johann Breidohr "Breidora" 6/8

As beautiful as all of your razors.
3-8-19
Pré Toleriane Innovation
Aceite Rosa Mosqueta
Crema Arch Brit Lavanda
Navaja TI Durandal 6/8” Evidé Acier c-135 faux tortoise
ASB: Toleriane Ultra
One pass atg Shave
So much pleasure being with my one thoughts while straight shaving
Wish all good thoughts!!
proxy.php

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk
A very beautiful razor.
View attachment 1004938 Broke my normal Sunday tradition of vintage Old Spice with a vintage DE or SE with this;

Wacker Chevalier
IC Mango soap and balm with a vintage Eterna boar
Scrupleworks oil tannned HH strop
An extremely beautiful razor and a fantastic strop. I treasure my Chevalier as well as my Scrupleworks horse bottom strop.
Sundays poor man shave, GD custom MOD 1996, Omega boar, and Speick (croap) wet face lathered, after was Gentleman Jon alum, Captains Choice Bay Rum. BBS not bad for a GD!View attachment 1004970
That's a very impressive GD mod.
Those scales are fantastic!
Monday's shave with a C.V. Heljestrand MK No.32, 13/16, Tortoise shell scales

I try to think about something to write, but for once words fails me. Then again if someone deserves that razor it's you Richard.
PUMA

It’s one of my Big Cats today. The Puma 22 was the tool of choice it got the job done very well CCS
View attachment 1005219
I have an empty space in my Puma section that is shaped exactly like this razor.

Heljestrand No.16 in ivory. I'll be shaving with it for a couple of days. You can't really go wrong with a Heljestrand as long as it hasn't got too much hone wear.

Heljestrand no 16 elfenben.jpg

Heljestrand No.16 in ivory. I'll be shaving with it for a couple of days. You can't really go wrong with a Heljestrand as long as it hasn't got too much hone wear.

View attachment 1005248
Gorgeous blade sir! One day I'll save enough pennies for something that purty! Till then I'll continue to refinish the ones I find on eBay and modded GD are cheap too specifically when I do them myself! Thanks for the kind words about my Sunday shaver!

Gorgeous blade sir! One day I'll save enough pennies for something that purty! Till then I'll continue to refinish the ones I find on eBay and modded GD are cheap too specifically when I do them myself! Thanks for the kind words about my Sunday shaver!
:001_smile Thank you, you're very good at it.

Is this the razor that is so heavy that you want to give it away? My No.12 and No.13 wouldn't mind getting a big brother, and Ian please tell your wife that bears are gentle and kind as long as they are treated kindly...

A very beautiful razor.

An extremely beautiful razor and a fantastic strop. I treasure my Chevalier as well as my Scrupleworks horse bottom strop.

I try to think about something to write, but for once words fails me. Then again if someone deserves that razor it's you Richard.

I have an empty space in my Puma section that is shaped exactly like this razor.
IceMan is giving away an 8/8 No.14??? Please enter my name in that drawing!!

A very beautiful razor.

Thank you very much Arne!

I ask you and all fellow shavers in your opinion which is the best or bests Stainless straight(s)
Thank you all

Today kept with my TI Durandal, but some descoloration and even rust points keep coming up near the edge. I do my usual rotine: wash with alcool and was with renaissance, but no better results. Anyone has clues?
thank you
Pré Toleriane Innovation + rosa Mosqueta oil
Croap RR MF
Brush Plisson Evolution
ASB Bavaria sun screen
proxy.php

One pass atg shave (I’m getting attached with this rotine)

Thank you very much Arne!

I ask you and all fellow shavers in your opinion which is the best or bests Stainless straight(s)
Thank you all

Henckel Friodur without a doubt. Fantastic razors all of them!

It’s a beauty!! So polished. Do you polish it yourself?

Nope that's the way Heljestrand made them.

Today kept with my TI Durandal, but some descoloration and even rust points keep coming up near the edge. I do my usual rotine: wash with alcool and was with renaissance, but no better results. Anyone has clues?
thank you
Pré Toleriane Innovation + rosa Mosqueta oil
Croap RR MF
Brush Plisson Evolution
ASB Bavaria sun screen
proxy.php

One pass atg shave (I’m getting attached with this rotine)

Sorry to read that. Try to wipe it off with metal polish applied on a q-tip (don't get metal polish on the etching!). After having shaved I dry my razor with a towel, then with a large soft paper napkin (from IKEA). After that I strop it and finally I store it in an airy glass cabinet. For safety measures I also have a hygrometer, that I check daily, in the cabinet.

First time I've ever seen a Heljestrand no. 16, and I believe I can't find anything about it I don't like. Thanks for sharing your fine hoard of steel with us kindred spirits. :)
Thank you for your kindness:001_smile

Torrey 232 today (it's Torrey Tuesday)
Arko stick (it's Arko August)
Semogue 2040 HD Silvertip (because I like it)
IMG_20190806_063647.jpg

Second time for the 232 after a little more time on the 8k, 12k, and balsa last weekend. Much better edge with better results.

Top Bottom