What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Zenith horse hair brushes aren't always easy to find, but the Spanish reseller yourshaving.com has a very good assortment. The Zenith badger brushes are very good too, but I won't get another of their boar brushes.

Two.Zenith.Manchurians.1-5-19.480..jpg

Try the Zenith Manchurians.

I like my Zenith boars, too, but my Mondial is my favorite boar and the Omega Premium Jade by Connaught is the best boar I own I think.

Thead Hijacking by Chan Eil Whiskers.jpg

Happy shaves,

Jim

I've read that the Kiebitz BroSem #28 is a good quality razor so I brought this one home yesterday. The scales are good, the blade has no frown or chips, and it appears to have very little hone wear. Overall it's in pretty good condition.

20190519_120252.jpg

I've read that the Kiebitz BroSem #28 is a good quality razor so I brought this one home yesterday. The scales are good, the blade has no frown or chips, and it appears to have very little hone wear. Overall it's in pretty good condition.

View attachment 981964

Oops, I just realized I put this in the wrong spot. It should be in new acquisition. :blush:

Thank you. The shape of the Torrey's tang, normal on top but very thin at the bottom, surprised since I'd never seen it in a razor before me but I didn't find it to be awkward

Good to know, thanks. I have an "Our 136" that has the same tang and also a Lakeside with the same tang. I don't have either one honed yet, that's why I was curious. :001_smile

FE227F5E-2FFE-42E2-8010-93FDDBC9BAE4.jpeg
Been out of town the last month or so. Happy to be back to my straight den and got my first real straight shave in since I’ve been back. Love my Feather, it’s been my go to while in more austere conditions but it’s nothing quite like the actual straights.

6/8 Hana Tonbo 23 FBU

Tonight's shave was with a Friedmann & Lauterjung. Nothing fancy but I've used it probably 8 or 10 times and every time it's been great.

20190519_210137.jpg

Top Bottom