What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
Yes you shaved with the very same razor, just another label, today. There's a good reason as to why this razor model was the most popular in Sweden. You need to know how to handle it if you aren't too cut yourself , but once mastered it'll do everything you want it to do, like a sports car. I saw the other new razor you got. To me the shoulderless one is even better, but that's just me.
I’ll find out in a few days I’m sure. The 4/8 was superb though. There is a place on the right side of my neck that is frustrating but it simply shaved it perfectly somehow.

This morning I used my Friedr. Ern & Co. for the first time.

2019-04-20 12.51.10.jpg

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
Really digging this razor. I think I have a "thing" for framebacks ...

Wade and Butcher Frameback
Tabac
Custom CRV in badger

View attachment 974051

The tang on this frameback is much wider than that on my Johan Engström. Even has jimps on the bottom surface. Easier to control, and so a more "relaxed" shave. But it performs every bit as well. BBS in 3 easy passes and sooooo much fun.

And I gotta say, the Tabac is growing on me. I actually tried to give this soap away to a co-worker and DE convert, and he returned it. Kinda bugged me, "Gift Horse" and all that. But I'm kinda glad he did now ...
Use Tabac judiciously, it is known to have addictive qualities.

The last year I've shaved my way trough my stock of +70 shave soaps. What I've come up with is that comparing shaving soaps is a bit like an analogy of the solar system. In the centre there's the sun warm and brilliant. It's made up by three or four soaps. Then there's the closest planets, well worthy of the occasional visit. Then comes the giants, tried and cherished by many, but that doesn't make them any good just large and unattractive. Finally there are the very distant cold ones that might not even be worthy to call planets/soaps. I'll keep the planets for a year or two as reference, but then I'll give them away to focus on the sun.

Today I used Cosmo by Saponificio Varesino and the sun does indeed shine today.

20190421_065602.jpg

The last year I've shaved my way trough my stock of +70 shave soaps. What I've come up with is that comparing shaving soaps is a bit like an analogy of the solar system. In the centre there's the sun warm and brilliant. It's made up by three or four soaps. Then there's the closest planets, well worthy of the occasional visit. Then comes the giants, tried and cherished by many, but that doesn't make them any good just large and unattractive. Finally there are the very distant cold ones that might not even be worthy to call planets/soaps. I'll keep the planets for a year or two as reference, but then I'll give them away to focus on the sun.

Today I used Cosmo by Saponificio Varesino and the sun does indeed shine today.

View attachment 974246
Amazing stuff.

While I don’t have as many as you I have about 20 soaps. I’ve noticed the same. The same 3/4 are the ones I use the most and then the others only get used sometimes.

Top Bottom