What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

Heljestrand MK 4 today. The razor has really turned into my favorite razor to shave with. Going to try and keep an eye out for them and buy another 1 or 2 of them if I can. Currently it has about 15 shaves or so on this coticule edge and still going strong.

11111111111.jpg

All the razors in the Friodur series have the following in common:
  • They are very easy to shave with, the perfect choice for a first razor.
  • The quality is very high.
  • They are easy to hone.
If I was to try to find any flaw at all it would be that they are so practical that some might find them to be a bit boring lacking any kind of challenge.

Ok. I add it to my buy list. :)

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk

Beautiful
:001_smile
Saturday shave with this Clauss Magnetic

proxy.php
That's a very fine razor, but I do miss the beautiful cat with the long fur.
That razor looks very interesting.
Ok. I add it to my buy list. :)

You wont regret buying one they are fantastic razors, everyone should have one in rotation...
As much as I usually like to contradict Ian, just out of spite, I must admit that he's right:001_tt2:. The best place to find a Friodur in good condition is most often Japanese eBay sellers.

As much as I usually like to contradict Ian, just out of spite, I must admit that he's right:001_tt2:. The best place to find a Friodur in good condition is most often Japanese eBay sellers.

Ok. I’v seen several friodur in Japanese eBay sellers because I was looking to buy a Japanese western razor, which I did and Im crossing my fingers for it to arrive safely. But I also know a European seller with similar goods as the Japanese.
Thank you

Polarbeard, here's a recent picture of that cat, with our other white fur ball. They're having a funny (to humans), cat style stand off. By the way, the name of the puss you like is Theta.

proxy.php

Since this is about straight razors, here's a shot of one of my two EAB's. Awesome shavers, and love the mackerel.

proxy.php

Rituals Samurai Shaving preshaving and postshaving cream
Dovo Bismark 6/8” carbon steel Dovo full hollow

Today I honed my Bismark twice and set a new bevel. One before starting shaving and rehoned before atg. I’v learned that I had to do very little pressure while honing and progressively less pressure. As a result a most confortáble two pass BBS shave and ... ª cut in my hear lobe [emoji101]
I’v just loved this shaving!
proxy.php

proxy.php

I can see that we need to lower the tone with a beat up razor, seeing all these beautiful razors over the last week..
And what better to do it with a $3.00 razor lol....

Todays Shave

Gold Dollar 66
Denim shaving Cream
Blue & White Drift Wood 24mm silvertip
Denim Aftershave

I forgot how good this razor is BBS in 2 passes, and to boot I smell very old school fantastic shave.

View attachment 966064

Where can I get a GD like that? Very nice!

Top Bottom