What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

Whoa, whoa, how did I not know this cream existed ??
@Ice-Man were you aware of this, now I simply must find it... lol. :D :D

Boris I have got myself 2 tubes of it now, to go with the aftershave and it smells soooooooo gooooooood…..

20190322_110940.jpg

I don't know how many times I "back then" danced tightly with beautiful innocent young girls to this song. This one or "Ti Amo". I can still recall the smell of newly washed silky hair, greasy lipstick and cheep perfume. Those were the days!

Actually this song should be the anthem of the straight razor forum!

It could or this one.....

hahaha

Today I chose one of my smaller favorites, a Dorko 42 that I purchased NOS and I paired it with some Razor Master Uula soap using a custom natural horn badger and a good splash of vintage English Leather

E19994BB-8542-4A2F-9FCC-EB4BB5998009.jpeg

Couple questions. I just purchased an 1196 TI vintage off Etsy that needs a little TLC. Do you know more about these razors? Like year produced or anything like that? I think yours is a restore as well unless I’m mistaken. Also, are those ivory scales? They’re beautiful. The one I purchased wasn’t ivory but claimed to be and now I’m dying to get my hands on one haha. View attachment 965015View attachment 965018 View attachment 965017View attachment 965016
Thiers Issard has had the 69 as entry level for perhaps a century and still does. Entry level doesn't by any means mean bad, on the contrary it's always been a good razor. I can't say when your fine specimen was made, but from the appearance it seems to be sometime between the wars. I hope you'll like it.

My grandfather did indeed settle in Michigan after emmigrating in the early 1930's from the Stockholm area. My father was born in Michigan. It does indeed look like the Swedish landscape. I had never noticed that similarity before or the relationship. I like learning new things every day. I got one new thing for today.
proxy.php

I too enjoy reading your posts. I have family still in Sweden. I use the translator feature to make sense of it all. Wonderful use of technology. It makes my understanding of Swedish much better. Doesn't help with my English though
It's good to know your roots, it kinds of makes the path onward easier to choose, at least that's how it is for me. Swedish and it's sister languages Norwegian and Danish aren't easy to learn. Dutch and Germans seems to pick it up rather fast though.
Well that didn't take long. :001_smile
That's a beautiful razor Arne.
Thank you, This one was for you. I always keep my promises, that's why I'm careful not to make too many. Koraat razors are truly great shavers.

Erik Anton Berg´s version of the standard Grelot thumb notch razor. Out of respect for our venerable French members I won't say which version I find to better. Both are great though.

20190321_203156.jpg

Clean and simple, I like that.

I'm sure you've already provided more details somewhere else, I'm just too lazy to search.
Are these, same, better, worse, comparable to Heljerstrandt razors?
"Clean and simple" that sounds like a description of me after having had a shower.:001_tongu

I'll give you a link to the long version of the answer to your question:
The reason to why Erik Anton Berg made so many different razor models

The short answer is: E.A. Berg always did strive for perfection.

Top Bottom