What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

Wednesday's shave: H. Diamond 1072

2.20.19H.Diamond1072.jpg

You are forcing me to use a Hayashi Diamond this week .Resistance is futile .Thanks for inspiring me .Love the quality and performance of H. Diamond's blades .:001_tt1:

I've been on a long business trip to Buenos Aires, northern Argentina and Uruguay. Most often my employer respect that I don't travel, but once or twice a year I can't say no.

Today I shaved with this 5/8 Thiers Issard, a razor that I've come to really like. I used Wickham Russian leather shaving soap. I've got two new Wickham soaps waiting for me at the post office as soon as I find the time to pick them up. There are a handful of really great shaving soaps and I do count Wickham as one of them.

Finally I sprayed myself with an EdP that's new to me; Dior Homme Intense. I am more or less spellbound by it. My favourite scent has been Crabtree&Evelyn Sandalwood for many years. The Dior Homme Intense is a combination of the best of that and Trumper Sandalwood and TOBS Sandalwood but far much more refined and has so many different layers. It's expensive but for once I am bound to say that it's great value for the money.

20190220_061105.jpg

I've been on a long business trip to Buenos Aires, northern Argentina and Uruguay. Most often my employer respect that I don't travel, but once or twice a year I can't say no.

Today I shaved with this 5/8 Thiers Issard, a razor that I've come to really like. I used Wickham Russian leather shaving soap. I've got two new Wickham soaps waiting for me at the post office as soon as I find the time to pick them up. There are a handful of really great shaving soaps and I do count Wickham as one of them.

Finally I sprayed myself with an EdP that's new to me; Dior Homme Intense. I am more or less spellbound by it. My favourite scent has been Crabtree&Evelyn Sandalwood for many years. The Dior Homme Intense is a combination of the best of that and Trumper Sandalwood and TOBS Sandalwood but far much more refined and has so many different layers. It's expensive but for once I am bound to say that it's great value for the money.

View attachment 954659
It's nice to have you back, Arne. You probably hated getting out of the cold weather and traveling to Buenos Aires.

It's nice to have you back, Arne. You probably hated getting out of the cold weather and traveling to Buenos Aires.
Thank you Richard, life can be pretty hard laying under a palm tree by the pool at a five star hotel, trying to stay cool and having all your expenses paid. To make it even worse the local women didn't seem to afford more than tbe smallest of bikinis. So I'm happy to be back behind a desk in the cold and dark place I call home.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
Thank you Richard, life can be pretty hard laying under a palm tree by the pool at a five star hotel, trying to stay cool and having all your expenses paid. To make it even worse the local women didn't seem to afford more than tbe smallest of bikinis. So I'm happy to be back behind a desk in the cold and dark place I call home.
This is the first time I’ve known you to lie Arne.

View attachment 954659
Beautiful razor Arne and I'll have to look up both the Wickham Shaving soap and reviews on Dior Homme Intense.

We are glad to have you and your knowledge back with us. I'm happy you had a safe trip abroad and are again home with your cub.

This is the first time I’ve known you to lie Arne.
It's actually true. The English nobles used to say that they needed "an heir and a spare" meaning two sons. I guess that children views their parents in a similar way, or "a mother and a spare". Being the surviving spare it's pretty important to stick around until the cub can make it on his own or at least to bring him with me so both faces the same dangers. At least that's what keeps creeping into this old bears head being on the other side of the world or sitting in an air plane in heavy turbulence in the middle of the south Atlantic.
Beautiful razor Arne and I'll have to look up both the Wickham Shaving soap and reviews on Dior Homme Intense.

We are glad to have you and your knowledge back with us. I'm happy you had a safe trip abroad and are again home with your cub.
Thank you Matt. So am I as I wrote in my answer to Steve. I might reduce my posting in this thread a bit. I'm thinking that I might stick to the same razor for a week at the time. I'll come back to why later.

That sir is a thing of beauty! I had to use something less of a looker but got the job do beautiful.
Thank you:001_smile

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
39555E7F-8503-41AA-9D63-5EAA977C63B5.jpeg
6/8 Bengall
It's actually true. The English nobles used to say that they needed "an heir and a spare" meaning two sons. I guess that children views their parents in a similar way, or "a mother and a spare". Being the surviving spare it's pretty important to stick around until the cub can make it on his own or at least to bring him with me so both faces the same dangers. At least that's what keeps creeping into this old bears head being on the other side of the world or sitting in an air plane in heavy turbulence in the middle of the south Atlantic.

Thank you Matt. So am I as I wrote in my answer to Steve. I might reduce my posting in this thread a bit. I'm thinking that I might stick to the same razor for a week at the time. I'll come back to why later.

Thank you:001_smile
Before I became old, decrepit, and weak in the mind, I enjoyed travel but, like you, found walking through my own front to be a tremendous pleasure. Welcome home.

:wheelchair:

Top Bottom