What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

HoshTom.jpg

Just love shaving with this.

What's the material for the scales? Nice BTW.
Thanks, its either amboyna or rosewood burl that I sourced off Ebay and sent to Doc226 to make into scales. Looks like cream poured into coffee to me. This is one of my personal favorites among my wood burl scaled razors.

Thanks, its either amboyna or rosewood burl that I sourced off Ebay and sent to Doc226 to make into scales. Looks like cream poured into coffee to me. This is one of my personal favorites among my wood burl scaled razors.
Looks like some burl species. Beautiful whatever they are. Congratulations.

6/8 Japanese Royal Razor Swedish Steel
Had a fine shave with this blade .Destroyed two days of growth with almost no effort .Awesome steel that took an extremely keen and smooth edge .
rps20181121_000425_840.jpg

Not sure if you have copyrights on "I'll take it off your hands then..." (and spare you occasional suffering). :D :D :D

On a more serious note, you're scaring me a bit now, I am waiting for 7/8 Koraat to be completed, but have realized I really like light and "smaller than average 6/8" TI I recently acquired.
Don't be worried. I'm sure that you'll love it.

That seems borderline criminal for such a noble blade.
Nah I really like the scales.

Heljestand MK No.32 in ivory scales. Together with loads of Tabac it gave my day a great start.

I'd like to give some advice. The Achilles heel of the Heljestrand razors is the heel. I see too many Heljestrand razors for sale that are honed all the way down to the heel. This is especially true for the MK No.32 model. Once honed to the heel the razor is worn out unless you're prepared to remove parts of the heel. This 32 has no hone wear at all but if you take a look at the heel you'll see that there's not much room for hone wear even to begin with. So please check the heel before bidding so that you don't make a very expensive mistake.

20181120_190515.jpg

T
Heljestand MK No.32 in ivory scales. Together with loads of Tabac it gave my day a great start.

I'd like to give some advice. The Achilles heel of the Heljestrand razors is the heel. I see too many Heljestrand razors for sale that are honed all the way down to the heel. This is especially true for the MK No.32 model. Once honed to the heel the razor is worn out unless you're prepared to remove parts of the heel. This 32 has no hone wear at all but if you take a look at the heel you'll see that there's not much room for hone wear even to begin with. So please check the heel before bidding so that you don't make a very expensive mistake.

View attachment 929471[/QUOTE

Thanks for the heads up Arne!!

Top Bottom