What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

A formerly"Best German Hollow Ground" Bismarck. Forshortening eliminated the "Best". Still a good shave, but not much to look at.
IMG_20180219_113535530.jpg

Drool........ I found one of these NOS oN Facebook Marketplace, the buyer said make me an offer. I offered $80, that offer was only $520 less than he expected....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LOL, thanks Matt. It took me about 2-yrs to find one in this NOS shape for the price I was willing to pay. they are going for Stupid money these days

LOL, thanks Matt. It took me about 2-yrs to find one in this NOS shape for the price I was willing to pay. they are going for Stupid money these days

Typically I’m not a scale snob like some who collect razors. If they are plastic, ok. If they are wood, ok. If they are some kind of rubber compound that stinks, uhhhh ok. If they are bone, ok. If they are ivory, these things are so thin, I might break them, but ok. If they are Dorko 1151 scales, drool, I need a bib....

Typically I’m not a scale snob like some who collect razors. If they are plastic, ok. If they are wood, ok. If they are some kind of rubber compound that stinks, uhhhh ok. If they are bone, ok. If they are ivory, these things are so thin, I might break them, but ok. If they are Dorko 1151 scales, drool, I need a bib....

ROFL, yep that is what pulled me in, well and Arne's enablement of course.. That kinda goes without saying, LOL

So, your razor was truncated, eh? An unintentional shortie? Interesting.
It was in a set of 7 various razors in a barber's roll. This one had a badly cracked blade. I performed the truncation. I was planning on making a short set of wood scales, but haven't gotten around to it yet.

I'll happily give scales made of that stinky rubber compound a new home. Send them my way if you free them from a blade. :001_tt1:

Top Bottom