What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

proxy.php

Norton 6/8
Hmmm, same company that makes grinding supplies, hones etc? Japanese? Has it always been Japanese? Hmm...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Razor: Wacker Jungmeister

Strop: TM Spanish Bridle

Soap: Penhaligon’s Bayolea

Brush: RV Custom Badger

Aftershave #1: Thayer’s WH

Aftershave #2: Penhaligon’s Bayolea

Balm: Penhaligon’s Bayolea

Talc: Clubman

IMG_6510.jpg

Not sure if it's the same Norton. This blade is labeled Sheffield.
Ahh... Ic... Maybe not then. I've been surprised by the variety and age of Norton hones. Barber and Ark from back in the day. I assume it's the same company. It wouldn't surprise me if they did dabble in razors.
Cheers

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

There are so many artistic pictures posted here so I figured I'd give it a go. This E. A. Berg thumb notch razor is definitely inspired by French razors. It leans on a Degas (Frenchman) bronze sculpture (replica) and it tried to cut my ear off (van Gogh). I still got got my ears in place. The cut reminded me that carelessness and straight razors don't go well together.

IMG_20170527_070129.jpg

Fantastic photo!
There are so many artistic pictures posted here so I figured I'd give it a go. This E. A. Berg thumb notch razor is definitely inspired by French razors. It leans on a Degas (Frenchman) bronze sculpture (replica) and it tried to cut my ear off (van Gogh). I still got got my ears in place. The cut reminded me that carelessness and straight razors don't go well together.

View attachment 792094

nice pic Arne

Beaut

Saturday's Shave
MK*30

proxy.php
Fantastic photo!

nice pic Arne
Thank you Dave and I want to return the compliment. Every time I see a No.30 I wish it was I that had shaved with it. It's one of the few top of the line razors that will hasn't gone through the roof pricewise.

Only yesterday I contemplated the fact that good razors in good condition have more than doubled (or tripled) in price the last years. I'm happy that I already got my small collection.

To the rest of you I'd like to add that you better get them while there still are some left. I haven't seen a CVH MK No.32 for sale for perhaps a year. I used to see at least five or six good ones a year.

Top Bottom