What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

A very pleasant shave this morning.

$DSC_2957 - combo.jpg

I still like this one a lot. I've been looking, put into my shopping basket, sighed and deleted. I know myself and know once I get a razor I want to know more about it and when I'm done researching is not just one razor but several of different grinds and age. One never seem to be enough.
Thanks Arne. I've never met a Japanese Western razor I did not like. I should probably show more restraint like yourself. I really like the ergonomics of this razor. It's why I seem to reach for it more often than others. The steel for this 1000 is Swedish though it does not seem to hold an edge as long as say my MKs. I'm not sure why, most likely my honing. When you're ready there are a lot of Japanese razors out there, especially NOS, waiting for you to travel into that rabbit hole.

~Royce

Are you kidding me Arne? No Tabac Strop or brush?! You're slacking....:lol: Beautiful razor...I'm always on the lookout for a Le Grelot in good condition. Not the easiest to find...
Thank you, be patient, they are still to be found.

Thanks Arne. I've never met a Japanese Western razor I did not like. I should probably show more restraint like yourself. I really like the ergonomics of this razor. It's why I seem to reach for it more often than others. The steel for this 1000 is Swedish though it does not seem to hold an edge as long as say my MKs. I'm not sure why, most likely my honing. When you're ready there are a lot of Japanese razors out there, especially NOS, waiting for you to travel into that rabbit hole.
~Royce

Royce, I can't have them all. I already find good razors that I have forgotten about in my den.

But looking at this one I really wish that I actually could have them all.

There's one Thiers Issard razor model that hasn't changed much over time; Le Dandy their low cost alternative. This one is a vintage one, but it is really hard to separate it from the ones sold today. There's nothing about this razor that indicates that it in any way would be inferior. On the contrary find it to be a very competent shaver.

$2016-12-29 06.08.20.jpg

The choice of today, Le Grelot Hospital "Zenith" 6/8, resembles yesterday's Böker Elite in many ways.
After having used The Veg as aftershave yesterday i decided to go all in with Tabac today.
Strop: Scrupleworks 3" Oiled Horween
Shower cream: Tabac
Shaving soap: Tabac
Aftershave: Tabac
Deodorant: Tabac
EDC: Tabac
Hair cream: Tabac

View attachment 712276
Ohh, Grelot poster art. I've my eye out for one similar. Beautiful
I've written it before and I haven't changed my mind; this is a truly gorgeous razor.

I still like this one a lot. I've been looking, put into my shopping basket, sighed and deleted. I know myself and know once I get a razor I want to know more about it and when I'm done researching is not just one razor but several of different grinds and age. One never seem to be enough.

Given the size of it that really must be a problem in public places. I strongly recommend that you don't go into a bank until you've learned how to put it down. I guess we could help each other solve our problems. I really really want a razor like that. If you send me the razor I'll be cured from my very bad RAD and you want risk being shot by some security guard or the police.
Come to think about it the statistics tells us that an average Swedish policeman is much more likelier to shoot someone on his job than an American policeman. I guess you better keep the razor, but please keep posting it.

Top Bottom