What's new

What Stone Is This?

The term lather means different things to different people. For some, the term means slurry. For others, it means lather made from soap.
Oil won't affect the coticule but I don't use it as I don't like the mess but I do use lather sometimes. Whipping up a lather is totally unnecessary and I find a swipe of a shave stick is more than enough. I just ensure the surface is wet and then place the stick at one end so its entirety is on the stone and then drag it off the end. This means only the last inch or so now has a light swipe of stick but when you start to hone again it's enough to go from sticking to slick again and you can further refine the edge. The inch that had the stick diameter dot applied will immediately spread to the rest of a wet stone.

Oil won't affect the coticule but I don't use it as I don't like the mess but I do use lather sometimes. Whipping up a lather is totally unnecessary and I find a swipe of a shave stick is more than enough. I just ensure the surface is wet and then place the stick at one end so its entirety is on the stone and then drag it off the end. This means only the last inch or so now has a light swipe of stick but when you start to hone again it's enough to go from sticking to slick again and you can further refine the edge. The inch that had the stick diameter dot applied will immediately spread to the rest of a wet stone.

Will definitely try it!

One of my spray bottles has water with a couple drops of Dawn, which I use for a similar purpose on hard finishing JNats. Haven't tried it on a coticule yet, but it sounds as though I should.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
One of my spray bottles has water with a couple drops of Dawn, which I use for a similar purpose on hard finishing JNats. Haven't tried it on a coticule yet, but it sounds as though I should.
I don't think that you will be disappointed. It's also not a messy in the cleanup after.

Top Bottom