What's new

What songs should you NEVER shave to?

The Rite of Spring by Igor Stravinsky

The closing minutes of Mahler's 6th Symphony (if you know the work, you know what I'm talking about)

The end of the 1812 Overture by Tchaikovsky (or anything with cannons)

Roads - Portishead

Far and away my favourite Portishead tune. Bit sorrowful for a shave but surely not dangerous!

My problem is whistling along to tunes while I shave, I always prioritise the whistling as others can't hear me when I nick myself they'll hear my bum notes though! One day I'll do a youtube video of my musical shave with whistling during passes and singing during lathering/ neck passes!

L

Lo'Tek

Personally, if you have to be ANYWHERE, AT ANY TIME SOON, don't shave to anything Yanni, Kenny G, or Enya - Why?

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

. . . Get it?

I don't own anything by them anyway. I can shave to just about anything else - for the sake of arguement - European Metal/Rock to Jazz Fusion. You might want to leave out the physical aspect of "Head Banging" though, Ha, Ha.

Are you Polish?:tongue::biggrin:

Actually German descent. :001_smile
If you have ever watched Hogan Heroes, one of the many times that Col. Klink played Ride of the Valkyries he would wave his hands around like a madman, it's something similar to my reaction. :lol:

The Rite of Spring by Igor Stravinsky

Funny, I often listen to this when I'm shaving/showering in the evening.

My vote goes to Poison Ivy by Willie Mabon:

Every day when I shave
Wearing my housecoat
Two men have to hold me
Or I'll cut my throat

No I don't like to brag, I don't like to say what I do
But I'm like Poison Ivy, I'll break out all over you!

I could not shave to anything Metallica, Megadeth, or Black label lest I start headbanging and air guitaring with either a Dovo or slant in hand.

Here is one you should never, ever shave to:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0
2 rick rolls.....I've memerized most of the v= tags.
miley cyrus. nuff said.
anything by the jonas brothers
anything produced by the disney chanel is liable to cause me to use my cutthroat as an instrument of mercy...you know end the suffering...permanently with a :biggrin:

in all honesty, i listen to everything when i shave, metal helps me concentrate and intensifies the macho aspect of a straight shave.

Last edited:
The Blue Oyster Cult song you actually want to avoid while shaving is Burnin' for You. Bob Dylan's Blood on the Tracks album is also risky.

Top Bottom