What's new

What soaps, creams, foams, gels do you like with 3+ blades

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
So tonight I did a quick touch up shave with my Dorco 7 blade. Was in a hurry so grabbed some Barbasol in the yellow can.

Waaayyy too much cushion. I felt like I couldn't get the blades down to the skin. I ended up taking most of it off and using a very watered down version.

I can see myself liking a traditional hard puck lather but on the wet side to get the best shave. For my DE/SE and Guard as long as the lather is slick enough I've never had so much cushion it got in the way.

What do you folks like for your carts with more than 3 blades? Interested to know what brands and the consistency you like and any other info you care to share.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I always used canned Nivea products and in the end before switching to DE razors I was using Aldi’s canned Prince Sensitive. When I last used a Cartridge Razor I still used a soap and brush. I did apply the canned foams and gels with a brush. I did this for 35 odd years. Nothing wrong with canned products IMHO.

I use a French made soap - Prè de Provence/Provence Santè/êShave/Institut Karité or a British cream such as TOBS or Catle Forbes. I also use Italian products such as Cella or Mondial.

TOBS Peppermint SC works really well with my Personna Core Motion Razor. I have been using a Schick Quattro Titanium Cartridge on it and the shaves have been smooth and comfortable.

Clayton

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

Proraso red or green in the tube (cream) . I love this stuff .

I also bought a ton of “Real Shaving Company” cream when I was in England . Can’t get these in the USA anymore . The real shaving company stuff is made in the same factory as all the Taylor of bond st and other good cream brands. Or so I’m told
Either way it’s a good cream

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
Thanks everyone for the input.

I didn't mean to imply anything was wrong with the Barbasol or canned foam in general. Just that for a 7 blade cart, it's too thick for me without a good amount of thinning as the cushion gets in the way of the shave. I'm thinking anything slick and thin will work great.

Proraso red or green in the tube (cream) . I love this stuff .

I also bought a ton of “Real Shaving Company” cream when I was in England . Can’t get these in the USA anymore . The real shaving company stuff is made in the same factory as all the Taylor of bond st and other good cream brands. Or so I’m told
Either way it’s a good cream

Sorry to disappoint but neither TOBS or RSC is made by Creightons anymore.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
Used Zartgefühl Ziegen Bart today for my soap. That works well with the Dorco.

Sorry to disappoint but neither TOBS or RSC is made by Creightons anymore.

Oh when did they change it ? I bought my stash a few years ago . Like I said it’s the tubes of RSC I have are really good regardless . I do like proraso a lot as well

Oh when did they change it ? I bought my stash a few years ago . Like I said it’s the tubes of RSC I have are really good regardless . I do like proraso a lot as well

Creightons sold RSC to another company called Swallowfield and production moved to their own site. They are contract fillers.
TOBS moved production, there are another 5 to 6 manufacturers at the same level as Creightons, to allow for smaller production quantities.

Creightons sold RSC to another company called Swallowfield and production moved to their own site. They are contract fillers.
TOBS moved production, there are another 5 to 6 manufacturers at the same level as Creightons, to allow for smaller production quantities.
Thanks for the info!

Art of Shaving cream.

I stopped buying canned stuff a few years ago. There's too much other better stuff readily available now.

In general, I make a wet, slick lather rather than thick, foamy lather and that's worked for me for the last several years. I face lather, so I can make it a little thicker or thinner as needed, using. the same stuff as I do when I shave DE: Proraso cream or Cade, Palmolive, or VdH soap.

Top Bottom