What's new

What soaps are in your summer rotation

I pre-ordered a B&M Seville Reserve, but I'm afraid will arrive at the end of summer.

According to a recent Reddit post from Will @B&M...
If you ordered JUST the soap...it should be in your hands now or in a few days.
If you ordered the SET of soap and AS...should be in your hands the end of July or very early August. They had some manufacturing issues with the AS...which are now solved..

All B&M:
Seville
Le Grand Chypre

Occasionally I'll do AoS Lavender cream because I am doing my darndest to finish it off because it is 8-9 years and I want to make some room on my shelf.

No such thing as seasonal for me, life is too short to only use a particular soap for just a few months and then put it away!! I'm a minimalist when it comes to shaving and the 4 tubs I rotate are done so all year long....besides, there's nothing like Stirling's Margarita's in the Arctic on a nice cool January morning here in the midwest when your going out to shovel snow!!

I really don't switch up scents with the season, I think the only ones that I don't really wear in the summer is Stirlings Christmas Eve, which is a wonderful spruce smelling soap, which is similar to their Ozark Mtn. soap. I think I have somewhere around 30 or so soaps in the rotation, and I pretty much use them all year round.

I was wondering what soaps people are using in their summer rotation.

My summer soap rotation has been narrowed to seven and includes:

1. DG Fourth and Pine
2. T&S Sicily
3. Mike’s Bergamot, Orange, Ylang Ylang
4. Eufros Citricos
5. Eufros Lima Especias
6. Lisa’s Florida Freeze
7. DG Colonia Balsimica

I love shaving with all of these soaps. Excellent performances and great summer scents.

Though I have used many other soaps in the last couple of months, these are the ones that I have used multiple times:

Barrister & Mann Cool
Eufros Lima Especias
Lisa’s Florida Freeze
Eufros Cronos
Catie's Bubbles Mile High Menthol
Penhaligon's Bayolea (cream)

Interested in this topic, I also like to to follow seasons with my soaps.

For this summer I still didn't find the one. I pre-ordered a B&M Seville Reserve, but I'm afraid will arrive at the end of summer. Can you suggest some light mentolated soap with a fresh scent?

Tnanks in advance ;)

If youy want a lighter menthol, I'd say B&M Adagio. If it sounds good to youy make sure to get the aftershave!

@hamleto my favorite menthol soaps are Lisa’s Florida Freeze and Eufros Lima Especias. However Stirling Orange Chill and Margaritas in the Artic also very nice.

I think I will go for the Eufros Lima-Especias...already got some god advice on it by another user as well.

I've a sample of Adagio and liked its light menthol, but would like to try something different, my den is almost full of B%M, and hard to find as good smelling soap...different for the performance instead.

Dr Jon's Arctic Hydra
Tim's Ruby Red
ToBS Grapefruit
Stirling Margaritas in the Arctic
RazoRock Chianti Lavender
Van Yulay Mint Julep
Grooming Dept Southern Paradise
Mickey Lee Bali Hai
Cold River Soap Works Jardin D'Orange (probably my favorite of this bunch)
Barrister & Mann Cool

I do follow the seasons with my soap and AS choices. My summertime lineup include...
Proraso green
Stirling Electric Sheep and MITA
Arko, Spieck, and LaToja sticks
Palmolive Classic

Oef, that's an easy one:
- B&M Seville
- Proraso green
- Cryogen (95% gone, being replaced by MITA Glacial)

The rest just get occasional turns

Barrister and Mann Reserve Classic
Stirling Executive Man
Soap Commander Courage
PAA Gondolier (pretty much empty, will be replaced with a Haslinger soap)

My soap rotation tends to depend less on season and more on mood, but this is what I’ve been enjoying lately....

- B&M Roam
- B&M Reserve Fern
- Declaration Grooming TSM Fougere

Wholly Saw Lav Sublime and Pompelmo, Oleo Shiloh, Sudsy Soapery Peppermint and Lavendar, and Declaration Grooming Original all come to mind for me.

I don't vary much based on seasonality but I do tend to go to citrus based scents even more than normal (I tend towards those in any event). This summer it's mostly:

DG Fourth & Pine
DG Sweet Lemon
Eufros Lima Espices
Sudsy Soapery Uplift
Wholly Kaw Lav Sublime

All wonderful, wonderful soaps and ones that will stay in my rotation after the summer is long gone...

I’m using panacrema namaste (sad that it was discontinued) and green proraso quite a bit right now. Need to break out the eufros aka jabón man cítricos.

Top Bottom