What's new

What soap has the best container?

A8C8A28D-50A2-4840-B443-6B1EFEB06DE8.jpeg

toss up between B&M and WK. both are stout.

CF has more depth........but are not as substantial.

DRH.........of course is a classic.

camo

@ camoloc: sorry, no idea what these letters mean. Could I trouble you for full names?

Another vote for Tabac (which is milk glass, not ceramic). Equally nice, in wood, Lea. Has a lid and an indented side for better grip. I would buy the ceramic Mitchel's Wool Fat (that is MWF, camoloc[emoji6]), but can't get on with the soap.

From a utilitarian standpoint, my pick is Soap Commander. The container walls are so high it is hard to make a mess like I do with most of my other soaps.

Out of all the artists/manufacturers/suppliers; what soap container do you like best, and why?
My favorite, though somewhat utilitarian, container is the simple Proraso jar.

The snap-on/off lid works a treat, and it's quick. I like to hold the container in my brush-free hand, the Proraso jar is very ergonomic in this respect. I find the jar's 3¼" opening just fine for loading.
Proraso-Red-Tub.jpg

If it were a really really exceptional soap, then I might. I would probably buy a spare plastic tub from Stirling or Maggards and transfer it, but I haven't found anything that warrants that in a while. I did transfer some WSP formula T soaps, but I think Stirling is just as good, so it would only be for the scent. Same for the old fine refill pucks that came in a cardboard box. Its just a few more dollars to add to the price of the soap, plus the hassle, and right now there are plenty for me to choose from that come in nice plastic containers, so I have moved away from anything in a metal tin.

I dislike metal because:
1. It will be dropped, and it will dent. If the top dents then you can have issues opening and closing it.
2. It will rust. I shave in the shower, thus all my stuff probably gets much wetter than most peoples.

I dont use a lather bowl. I load off the tub, then face lather in the shower.
Lol I shave in the steam room and I forget my soap tub regularly even when I do bowl lather.
My stirling preshave is always there in a allu Cade bowl no issues.
If thin metal tins get dented they are usually a loss. But never had one rusting most are probably alluminium which makes them more dent prone also.

The tobs tubs are nice too especially the nobbed edge lids when your hands are wet.
for travel or samples I have got a couple of 1-2oz screw containers
Want a tough one get a nalgene!

Top Bottom