What's new

What soap got you into artisans?

I had a bunch of stuff gifted to me by a shave guru buddy but then he recommended B&M Diamond and that scent was all she wrote. I had to have the weirdest stuff out there after that showed up. It’s been awesome.

Mystic Water. Went form Williams to trying MW. Couldn't use it, just awful for my skin and the lather was a soupy runny mess in our water. I was devastated, wanted to love the soap! Ruined me on small makers for a while. But it worked great for my son so... YMMV!

Did a pass around recently and found some truly fine artisan soap for my face and lathering the stuff isn't a black art. Black Tie Razor, Beehive Shaving Soap, Oleo, Lisa's, CBL.

Last edited:
My first real soap besides Williams was Col. Conk, picked up the 4 pack online as I was curious about the different scents, once I found out that shave soap comes in pretty much any scent you can think of I was off and running. Shortly after that I made a trip to Maggards and picked up some Soap Commander Courage and a bunch of others that sent me deep down the rabbit hole lol it has been a interesting adventure but wouldn't trade it for the world.

My first artisan soap was a result of someone here getting me intrigued. Can’t blame that on the soap. It was one of you! 😁. (Thank you, btw)

First shaving soap aside from Williams (that I still can't seem to lather properly years later lol) was the 4 variety pack of Col. Conk soaps. They were great entry soaps to the world of wet shaving.

After that was a tub of Soap Commander Courage from Maggards. Going to that store I was in awe of all the great choices to put things into perspective. Nick Shaves was pretty popular at the time and soap Commander was one a lot of people were talking about. The tubs still are unique with a simple yet effective soap base.

Proraso was my brand until I discovered this forum! Looking at the Wonderful Shaves of The Day: Southern Witchcrafts caught my attention. I’ve been using their products almost exclusively ever since.
7F4342B1-157B-47F2-A60B-6CF13F4ACFA8.jpeg

Mike’s Coconut soap was my first and I still love the lather and post shave qualities of Mikes. Mike’s, Stirling Mutton base and B&M Omnibus soaps are the only soaps I use. Fantastic!!

Top Bottom