What's new

What size Tupperware container...

...do I need to store ~50 cigars? Let's figure on 6x52 size cigars. Actual dimensions of a container would be most helpful, as would a picture or description of how you achieve optimal humidity in the sealed container.

Tim

Don't be afraid of multiple 3 qt containers. They fit in drawers or under a guest bed very easily. One is for Drew Estate Kentucky Fired Cured sticks, two for sticks I don't smoke often, one for cigars that need smoked.

I have two 3qt and two 2 qt. Each have a large 69% Boveda bag in them. I have some broken down Spanish cedar planks in them with hydrometers. They stay quite stable. I pop them open every couple of weeks. They stay pretty consistent in temp and humidity. Big seasonal changes they'll fluxate a little bit but a new pop of air gets them right.

Don't be afraid of multiple 3 qt containers. They fit in drawers or under a guest bed very easily. One is for Drew Estate Kentucky Fired Cured sticks, two for sticks I don't smoke often, one for cigars that need smoked.

I have two 3qt and two 2 qt. Each have a large 69% Boveda bag in them. I have some broken down Spanish cedar planks in them with hydrometers. They stay quite stable. I pop them open every couple of weeks. They stay pretty consistent in temp and humidity. Big seasonal changes they'll fluxate a little bit but a new pop of air gets them right.

Excellent! Thanks for the guidance and suggestions.

Tim

Spot on. Boveda is a a godsend.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I have this - roughly 7 quart - loaded with 10 (was 12) Davidoff Ginza 10th Anniversary cigars, and 1 65% Boveda. Have not touched it since February 2020 when I loaded it up. Holds temp and RH perfectly.

I think it would easily hold 50 smokes. And at 10 bucks you can’t go wrong.

496B8031-2805-4ED2-9E31-FA6453AF5DC3.jpeg

Top Bottom