What's new

What Simpson for me?

I've been SBADing for a Simpson for a few weeks and I think I'm going to get one. I just don't know which one!? I have in my rotation a TGN 22mm XS 2 band finest set at 48mm a very dense and soft brush. A Semogue 830 and an 1470 which I also like alot.

I mostly bowl lather but have been doing alot of face lathering lately also. My software rotation consists of Cella, MWF, Tabac stick, Palmolive stick, KMF, Proraso. My budget is around $50 and thats stretching it. Thanks,Matt

You can get a few of the smaller Simpsons in best for $50. Great backbone, soft tips, nice density of hair. I got a Berkeley from West Coast Shaving using the B&B discount code, BANDB. It was just under $50 including shipping, as I recall. Take a look at the different vendors for prices and specs of the different models.

I mostly face lather these days, mostly soaps but some creams, too, and the Berkeley has been superb for that. Just used it this morning, in fact, with Tabac. Very, very nice.

+1. I also just purchased the Berkeley from West Coast Shaving. The knot is incredibly comfortable, holds plenty of lather, and is just a ridiculous value. Mine fits (barely) in a Case travel tube so that I can take it on the road.

Good luck with your brush hunt.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
I've been SBADing for a Simpson for a few weeks and I think I'm going to get one. I just don't know which one!? I have in my rotation a TGN 22mm XS 2 band finest set at 48mm a very dense and soft brush. A Semogue 830 and an 1470 which I also like alot.

I mostly bowl lather but have been doing alot of face lathering lately also. My software rotation consists of Cella, MWF, Tabac stick, Palmolive stick, KMF, Proraso. My budget is around $50 and thats stretching it. Thanks,Matt

If you can make an effort, get the Simpson Colonel X2L Best, which costs € 65 at WCS, here is the link: http://www.westcoastshaving.com/Colonel_c_88.html. This brush is amazing, especially when used with soaps.:thumbup1:

If you can make an effort, get the Simpson Colonel X2L Best, which costs € 65 at WCS, here is the link: http://www.westcoastshaving.com/Colonel_c_88.html. This brush is amazing, especially when used with soaps.:thumbup1:

I read your review Marco a few weeks back and I do want the Colonel. I was really hoping to hear your opinion on my choice. I dont think this will be my last Simpson brush. I have been looking at the Wee Scott for over a month and I'm so eager to try one! How does Simpson Best compare to TGN 2 Band Finest?

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
I read your review Marco a few weeks back and I do want the Colonel. I was really hoping to hear your opinion on my choice. I dont think this will be my last Simpson brush. I have been looking at the Wee Scott for over a month and I'm so eager to try one! How does Simpson Best compare to TGN 2 Band Finest?

Simpson's Best hair grade is terrific, under every aspect: soft tips, great backbone and nice scrubby feeling on the skin, especially if you face lather. As confirmed by Brett at Vulfix (the General Manager) the current Best hair is of exceptional quality, and I absolutely agree. I like the Best much more than the Super 3 Band and Super 2 Band. Go with the Best, I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

Simpson's Best hair grade is terrific, under every aspect: soft tips, great backbone and nice scrubby feeling on the skin, especially if you face lather. As confirmed by Brett at Vulfix (the General Manager) the current Best hair is of exceptional quality, and I absolutely agree. I like the Best much more than the Super 3 Band and Super 2 Band. Go with the Best, I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

I just picked up a Tulip 1 in two-band and to tell you the truth, if I rub that against my face with one hand and the Berkeley in best with the other, I'm not sure I can tell them apart. Both are great little brushes and I don't begin to regret either purchase. But when you talk bang-for-the-buck, Simpsons best hair is a terrific deal. :thumbup1:

Top Bottom