What's new

What Simpson brush for daily use?

Hello, this is my first thread.
I'm a guy face latherer only, i’m using the Simpson Chubby 2 Best Badger. It is amazing brush, but, requires attention and much soap, I would like to buy another Best Badger Simpson for more immediate to the daily, drying faster and that that uses a bit 'less soap than the chubby 2 and allows to make a good massage in the face for face lathering (I know it will be a little less strong chubby 2).
I want to stay on Best Badger Simpson because love it…

I ask you, what could I get?
I thought a Duke D3, but I do not know if it let me faster everyday and with less soap as asked above.
I wait the more experienced
Thanks to all for options.

I bowl lather and have both a Chubby 2 and a Duke 3 and I imagine the Duke would be better for face lathering.

first, welcome to B&B!!

just about any Simpson would work great.
Perhaps the Wee Scot just for travel.

$simpson brushes.jpg

I have a Duke 2. Good for face lathering but I only use it about once a week so I don't know how long it takes to dry. My Thater bulb has more backbone and makes a better face lathering brush, as does my Elite razor Manchurian White. Both dry in a day and have softer tips.

I have a Duke 2. Good for face lathering but I only use it about once a week so I don't know how long it takes to dry. My Thater bulb has more backbone and makes a better face lathering brush, as does my Elite razor Manchurian White. Both dry in a day and have softer tips.

Which model of brush Thater bulb with more backbone you have? Thanks

I also face lather and like Simpsons best. My current rotation includes 6 daily drivers, with 4 Simpsons. I would be hard pressed to declare an absolute favorite. These are: Classic 2, Chubby 1, Duke 2 and 57. All different and all terrific IMO! :thumbup1:

Thank you all.
the choice is difficult
I love my Chubby 2 best badger so much, but it is the long time to drying, fear for this to ruin, it also takes much soap, and cleaning attention. For daily use, for when I work and have no time to choose the rotation and having to use a single row days brush and I also want to be massaged if it will be "a little less than chubby".

I have to think a long LOL

Thank you all.
the choice is difficult
I love my Chubby 2 best badger so much, but it is the long time to drying, fear for this to ruin, it also takes much soap, and cleaning attention. For daily use, for when I work and have no time to choose the rotation and having to use a single row days brush and I also want to be massaged if it will be "a little less than chubby".

I have to think a long LOL

I'm understand this. I was under the same dilemma and ended up adding another chubby 2 in super. This tells you how much i love the chubby experience

So if it's only the drying time that is your concern, and you really are not after a 'change of pace' brush, just get another Chubby 2. My Duke 3 is my least used brush, for whatever reason I seem to reach for smaller brushes first. Duke 2 & Classic 2 both in best. I just ordered another Classic, this time a size 1 in best. In my opinion you cannot go wrong with any Simpsons. If you are anything like me, you will want to start collecting them!

Top Bottom