What's new

What should you be doing now, instead of hanging out on the forums?

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I'm retired so I don't have to be doing anything.... but I am fighting off the urge to take our Restoration Hardware sofa cushions in to the upholsterer... we bought it at one of their outlet stores and the cushions are goose down... they get too lumpy... concave... so we are going to replace the insides with some sort of firm foam....

I'll get to it sometime today.. the day is relatively young.

I'm quasi behaving, I'm on a break, so being here is okay... the tough thing will be getting back to chores. As is so often the case, I bit off more than I could chew. I bought a inexpensive duvet and duvet cover. I know from experience that cheap goods that are stuffed clump up when they get washed. So, my plan was to 'tuft' it. You don't do a line of stitches to give it more lines of stitching to hold the filling in, you just make knots holding all three layers (upper surface, the stuffing, the lower surface). I thought it would be a quick fix. I already spent about an hour and a half on it, and I'm not even part way done. bleh.

So, break for a late lunch and some time on the computer.

I am supposed to be cleaning up around the house while the wife is attending a work event. I love hanging out with the wife but am not a fan of some of her coworkers. I'll give it a few more minutes before knocking out some chores.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
It's a little early for a nap. I just had breakfast, so I'm not hungry. Glass is full.

I'm stumped. There must be something.

In a while, when I'm darn good and ready, I will do some yoga, to the shower/shave/get dressed thing and glue up the dovetails for 4 drawers I cut yesterday.

Unless it's late enough for that nap by that point.

It's good to be retired.

Heading to bed. But, it has been a day, and I just wanted a bit of down time, even if it means being up a bit later. It wasn't a bad day, just one long stream of 'one more thing' moments. Finally got a lot of paperwork organized and sent off to the government office that needed it. Of course I forgot one stack of papers, and had to go back home to get them, and then back to Staples for the copying etc. Got home, feeling tired but ready to chill and be happy it was done with. Forgot that we were completely out of cat food. Walked to the store, got cat food. When I got back, I realized that my keys were not in my pocket, because I'd left them on the counter when I got home. Went to grab my phone to call my roommate, but I had left my phone home to charge, because why would I ever need it if I'm just running out to get cat food. Much banging below the second story window with a broom that was handily out on the back patio area, and my housemate finally heard and let me in. Not a bad day, just a tiring one.

Heading to bed. But, it has been a day, and I just wanted a bit of down time, even if it means being up a bit later. It wasn't a bad day, just one long stream of 'one more thing' moments. Finally got a lot of paperwork organized and sent off to the government office that needed it. Of course I forgot one stack of papers, and had to go back home to get them, and then back to Staples for the copying etc. Got home, feeling tired but ready to chill and be happy it was done with. Forgot that we were completely out of cat food. Walked to the store, got cat food. When I got back, I realized that my keys were not in my pocket, because I'd left them on the counter when I got home. Went to grab my phone to call my roommate, but I had left my phone home to charge, because why would I ever need it if I'm just running out to get cat food. Much banging below the second story window with a broom that was handily out on the back patio area, and my housemate finally heard and let me in. Not a bad day, just a tiring one.
I just spent an hour rubbing a blade against a rock while my dinner sat uneaten. Reading this made me more exhausted than doing that! It's like sympathetic frustration or something. :117:

Wishing the last of my headache would buzz off, avoiding a group of small tasks that will take next to no time, but that I am still persistently stubborn on avoiding. I feel like Jughead in the Archie comics, where more energy is put into avoiding the work, then what the work itself would take.

Top Bottom