What's new

What should you be doing now, instead of hanging out on the forums?

As I've mentioned in other posts, I've been back like...days...after being away from here for seven years (still did the DESR, just got out of collecting *cough*addiction/hoarding*cough*). But I needed a new razor, and knew this was a great place for opinions/recommendations. I have now been commenting, starting thread, and thoroughly enjoying *cough*starting to get re-addicted*cough* to the hobby *cough*obsession*cough*.

Anyway, as I sit here, I am studiously avoiding doing the last tax thing I need to do. It is filed, but do to some stupid planning on my part, I can't pay the bill in one go, and I have to do a calculator/worksheet thing to figure out what I can pay a month, and then phone them to set it up.

I hate numbers mostly. I hate forms of all kinds. I hate figuring out anything financial. I am stalling.
So hey look *points to the title*, I started another shiny thread.

So, if you are reading this, and it isn't one of those rare moments of pleasure with nothing on your plate, I have to ask...
What are you not doing, that you should, and instead, are hanging out at Badger & Blade?

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
Painting the living room. Prep is done, paint and tools are ready, and the drop cloth has been down for 3hrs. I just absolutely loathe painting. It's really the just getting started part, I know that once brush and roller hit the wall it's not that bad but for some reason getting started is the most difficult for me.

Since you’ve been away for a while it‘s possible that you may have forgotten about the Barber Shop forum. It’s for non shaving related topics such as this one, and has a lot of fun threads going on that have nothing to do with shaving. Maybe a moderator, who has nothing else to do, can move it. See, I stayed with the theme of this topic.

Since you’ve been away for a while it‘s possible that you may have forgotten about the Barber Shop forum. It’s for non shaving related topics such as this one, and has a lot of fun threads going on that have nothing to do with shaving. Maybe a moderator, who has nothing else to do, can move it. See, I stayed with the theme of this topic.
I knew about the barber shop, but sort of forgot that was where it was a better fit... I was busy procrastinating and all. I actually did start the tax stuff... I got the sign into CRA (the Canadian Tax people) and to the bank, and then found the pages I needed... and now its the 'go find all the amounts to plug into the worksheet/calculator thingies'. That was enough for a short reward. Check in here, a few sips of coffee, and on to the next round. At least the anxiety isn't too bad... when things are kind of organized and I'm not panicing, it isn't too bad. It's when I can't find stuff, don't understand what the heck they are talking about, etc that the anxiety ratchets up, and then everything looks foreboding and confusing, because I forget to just calm down and go to the beginning and walk through it again. Anyway, so far, so good.

As I've mentioned in other posts, I've been back like...days...after being away from here for seven years (still did the DESR, just got out of collecting *cough*addiction/hoarding*cough*). But I needed a new razor, and knew this was a great place for opinions/recommendations. I have now been commenting, starting thread, and thoroughly enjoying *cough*starting to get re-addicted*cough* to the hobby *cough*obsession*cough*.

Anyway, as I sit here, I am studiously avoiding doing the last tax thing I need to do. It is filed, but do to some stupid planning on my part, I can't pay the bill in one go, and I have to do a calculator/worksheet thing to figure out what I can pay a month, and then phone them to set it up.

I hate numbers mostly. I hate forms of all kinds. I hate figuring out anything financial. I am stalling.

So, if you are reading this, and it isn't one of those rare moments of pleasure with nothing on your plate, I have to ask...
What are you not doing, that you should, and instead, are hanging out at Badger & Blade?
Working on my Model A Speedster project & finish a master bath closet project. Did some work on the car after lunch so back to the forums.

I sometimes have difficulty navigating this place (noob) but I feel like I'm in a barber shop. 😂

Having a seat in my lawn chair outside drinking a cold beer and eating a few pork skins.👍😊⚾

Well unlike all you do-nothings I took my nap! The pup is in the backyard, the wife is still napping and I don't have to leave for work until 4:30, so I guess I'll go vacuum in a few minutes.

Working on my Model A Speedster project & finish a master bath closet project. Did some work on the car after lunch so back to the forums.

I sometimes have difficulty navigating this place (noob) but I feel like I'm in a barber shop. 😂
Yeah, there are a lot of separate forums to learn, it just takes some time to look around.

I'm in the office so there is always something I should be doing, but I have cleared all the emails overnight from London. There are 2 days left in the month so until we close the books not much else is happening, things will be busy next week.

I should be watching a Revolutionary Blackout video on YouTube while smoking a Spicecream cigar. Making fun of Russell Westbrick and Kyle Kulinski are also things on my to do list.

I was supposed to be making phone calls. But I saw your thread, was going to post...made the calls instead...

Now...I should be unpacking my house, but I just got a couple things done, so I'm allowed a break. LOL

I wonder if this thread was intended to be motivating?

I"m not sure, maybe accountability, or just a reminder that you can't escape the other stuff forever. I was out for few hours doing errands (on foot), so I'm a bit tired, and meant to come home and cook a healthy supper, do laundry, and then go on the computer. However, I am now eating a date square I bought while I was out, with a coffee, and reminding myself that I still need to eventually get up and do the laundry. *takes sip of coffee*...eventually.

Top Bottom