What's new

What should we call the new German Personna Platinum's?

What should we call the new German Personna Platinum?

• German Platinums

Votes: 25 34.7%
  • German Golds

Votes: 14 19.4%
  • Gold Platinums

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gold Personnas

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Other

Votes: 29 40.3%

• Total voters
As most people will now be aware, the Personna brand has just added another layer of complexity to the already confusing blade line up by making Personna Platinum's in Germany.

Given we commonly refer to the Israeli version of the Personna Platinum's as "Israeli Reds" and the the Israeli made Super + Platinum as Crystals it feels fitting that we should give a nickname to the new German Personna Platinum's as well.

1599483901819.png
1599483915975.png

They all sound decent. Not sure if there's enough gold in packaging to be called gold. How about guten germans, or beste :laugh: What if they come up with more different colored packaging at a later date similar to how the uk blades are different than the USA marketed ones.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
I knew the Reds made in Israel had moved to Germany...but was not aware that there had been a change to the Lab Blue blades. What changed with the Lab Blues?

Very upsetting to me about the Reds as they're my favorite blade. Thankfully, I purchased a 100 pack before the switch occurred.

Anyone who has experience with the Reds get hold of the new German Blue/Gold replacement? If so, how do they compare?

They all sound decent. Not sure if there's enough gold in packaging to be called gold. How about guten germans, or beste :laugh: What if they come up with more different colored packaging at a later date similar to how the uk blades are different than the USA marketed ones.
Yes, fully expecting different coloured packaging to appear 😂. I've assumed gold will stay involved in the colour scheme on the basis the UK Reds only had Personna written in red on a blue packet similar to this one. But who knows!

As a user of UK high street retail Personnas, which were "made in Israel", I had doubts when the "made in EU" (=Germany) ones filtered through.

So far as I can work out (and it will be YMMV) they work exactly the same.

I knew the Reds made in Israel had moved to Germany...but was not aware that there had been a change to the Lab Blue blades. What changed with the Lab Blues?

Very upsetting to me about the Reds as they're my favorite blade. Thankfully, I purchased a 100 pack before the switch occurred.

Anyone who has experience with the Reds get hold of the new German Blue/Gold replacement? If so, how do they compare?

There has been no change to the Personna Comfort Coated (lab blue blades). These blades are made in the USA by AccuTek Blades using the Personna trademark. The lab blues are made for industrial, laboratory, and medical use by the former American Safety Razor plant in Verona, VA. However, wet shavers have found they are good blades for daily shaves. These blades are stamped "Made in USA".

The confusion comes in that the Personna Platinum Chrome blades, formerly made in Israel, but now made in Germany, were affectionately called Israeli Reds as they were sold in the USA in red packaging. However, in the UK, they were sold in blue packaging with red lettering. Now it seems the German blades are being packaged in blue packaging with gold lettering. Both the Israeli and German plants also produce the Plaitnum Chrome blades for sale in private label packaging for various retail outlets.

So why isn't there the simple choice "German Personnas"? There is no other Personna model made in Germany.
Also the blue is so much more than the gold on the packaging. Doesn't seem logical to me to call them Golds.

Top Bottom